Madison Lake Tips for First Timer???

• TheGuide
    Northfield, MN

Boys! Going out to Madison in pursuit of Walleyes and Crappies on Tuesday of this week. It is my first trip out there so I was wondering if there were any perticular spots or patterns that I should take notice to? Bait preferences?

Any tips would be great thanks!

Snagger
    Owatonna, MN

Fatheads and jigs, Crawlers and spinners, look for any structure and drop offs. good luck!

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Try trolling #5 crankbaits or spinners in 5 ft. of water. Another choice is jigs and live bait on the rock pile and also around the deep water by the narrows. Good luck and let us know how you do. Thanks, Bill

o.m.f.t.
    Rochester Minn

I have also pulled eye’s out of the weeds along the shores. I was throwing cranks, one would think they were bass fishing. good luck, and by all means watch the other boats who are getting fish.

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

If you look at the types of structure etc. these walleyes have to relate in some of these lakes to you will understand why they might be acting like bass sometimes. They adapt to what the lake offers them and the southern lakes are move of a bass/panfish type of lake in features. Plus if the food is in the weeds you are going to find walleyes there to. Thanks, Bill

Goldenboy
    Coon Rapids, MN

Try fishing a 1/8 or 1/16 oz leadhead tipped with a chunk of crawler fished along the outside weedlines (7′-10′). The stretch along the west-northwest shore up from Grassy Island has been producing some better fish, especially if some wind is blowing in…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.