vermillion muskies?

• jwmii
    La Crosse, Wi

I posted on the vermillion board also but when I saw this thread I thought I would give it a shot also!

Ok, the count down has begun! I am planning to come up to the big V the week after the Musky opener, June 7,8,9. We are staying on the South West part of the lake near Everett’s Bay. We plan on doing some Ski fishing and I am looking for some advice! I am not looking for specific spots (although I wouldn’t turn any information down!) but perhaps general areas, type of structure to target, presentation for the time of year (i.e. top water, trolling, soft plastics….). I have a GPS with hot spots maps loaded so I will know how to find most places and types of structure. Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks
    Labman

eyebuster
    Duluth

Had some good luck off the point on Ely Island. Casting the shallows.

jwmii
    La Crosse, Wi

Thanks for the reply Eyebuster. Any suggestions on the type of bait/presentation to use for that time of year or the depth to fish? I don’t want you to divulge any secrets here so even generalaties would suffice !

Labman

eyebuster
    Duluth

Can not tell you that stuff am not much of a musky man but I have caught and seen many on the point on that Island I also believe I have heard things about Pike bay and MAllard Island I believe.

jwmii
    La Crosse, Wi

bump

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.