Public landings on the St. Croix near Stillwater?

• djlengyel
    Lake Elmo, MN

Other then the DNR site north of Stillwater, are there any public landings between Hudson and Stillwater (either WI or MN side)? Is that landing at Anderson Windows a public launch (I think it used to be a long time ago)? There used to be one right next to the Allan S King Plant – is that still there?

Thanks.

Suckerminnow
    Stillwater, MN

The Andersen launch is for employees only. A couple of blocks south is the Bayport Park where you can launch your boat for a fee. The Hudson launch is just over 94. That’s all I know of – anyone else?

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Think that pretty much covers it…with the exception of Beanies (south and below the I-94 bridge)

Beanies website

marinefire
    Marine on St. Croix, MN

The landing by Andersen’s is at the end of a public road (4th Avenue). You can launch there, but you need to park at the Bayport park a block south, unless you are an Andersen employee or a Bayport resident with a sticker. Parking is only allowed during weekends and holidays. You cannot park there Friday nights and I don’t think they allow overnight parking. They do patrol the lot and they may tow your vehicle if you do not have either an Andersen parking permit or the Bayport permit. This landing is shallow, but you can get most boats in there.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.