Chipmunk in boat

• Mike Stephens
    WI.

Start by drilling 2 1/2″ holes in the bottom of the boat. Rear to front to let the bugger escape.

Dave maze
    Isanti

Fill it with salt water. Then add sharks with friggin laser beams attached to them.

munchy
    NULL

A Great Blue Heron should take care of it for ya!

Twins Guy
    NULL

You need a snake? I’ve got a snake mang! Actually evicted this guy or his family members several times this year. Snakes don’t generally bother me but when they slither out of the bilge/transom area of your tiller while you’re fishing it’s just not cool.

Attachments:
    1. IMG_0731.jpg

Huntindave
    Shell Rock Iowa

You need a snake? I’ve got a snake mang! Actually evicted this guy or his family members several times this year. Snakes don’t generally bother me but when they slither out of the bilge/transom area of your tiller while you’re fishing it’s just not cool.

I’ll bet that keeps the number of your boat partners to a minimum.

Art Green
    Brookfield,WI

What you need is The Bucket of Death. That way if more than one has found its way in, you only need one trap. As a bonus, any mice that may have wandered in will be permanently trapped as well.

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

You need a snake? I’ve got a snake mang! Actually evicted this guy or his family members several times this year.

Jebus! I don’t mind snakes, but that would freak me out!

Snake ii’s

I would not do as mplspug suggested:
    “Let him be. Remember the member who had the tree frog who’d come out when he fished. You could teach him how to net your fish and take pictures of you holding your fish.”

The little striped rat will chew up your wiring, insulation or whatever and make a nest out of them. Plus rodent turds and urine is nasty.

I would trap his furry butt or send a snake in after him. I have a few to chose from.

Attachments:
    1. white-lipped-python.jpg

brian schultz
    Minot, ND

Did you ever get the critter out?

Lynn Seiler

Lutefisk is the answer. Now, getting rid of the Norwegian is another matter.

Twins Guy
    NULL

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Twins Guy wrote:</div>

I’ll bet that keeps the number of your boat partners to a minimum.

Which I don’t mind;) Its only a 14′ foot boat.

BUT we’re in the process of building a new garage (partially because of the boat:) and I’m a little nervous about putting the boat in it until I open up the decking and make sure there aren’t any more family members lurking. Ack!

Decapitated one of the bastages with my emergency paddle when he slithered out from under my feet when while we were out in the middle of the lake. “We” included a friend’s 6 year old who is probably scarred for life by the event.

Pretty sure they (3-4 footers) are just bull snakes or some nonvenomous water snake but I snapped on that one. Others were simply relocated.

Twins Guy
    NULL

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Twins Guy wrote:</div>
    Pretty sure they (3-4 footers) are just bull snakes or some nonvenomous water snake but I snapped on that one.

Looks like a northern water snake.

yes it does! we’ve relocated a couple that were at or near the 42″ quoted maximum size. geography fits as the boat resides near the upper st croix river valley. That link says a large female could give birth to somewhere between 5 and 99 snake babies! thanks for the link Ralph!

jwellsy

+10 on the rat trap. What I have done is drill a couple of holes in the rat trap base and zip tie it to a brick. Nothing will run very far with a brick clamped to it. Bait that sucker up with peanut butter and wait for the snapping sound.

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>brian schultz wrote:</div>
    Put the plug in and start adding water.

I second this. Just make sure you find out the location of the dirty bomb first.

Read this quick and thought it said “Put PUG in the boat and start filling!”
    -)

yellowdog
    Alma Wi

I have had the little buggers eat my wiring twice and have only had the boat 3 years.

Viewing 16 posts - 31 through 46 (of 46 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.