Help! I am stuck and I can’t navigate!

• jwmii
    La Crosse, Wi

COuld someone please help me out here? I log in, go to “forums” and then to general discussion forum. when I get there I am logged out! I can get here and a few other places but I cant even get to “my home”. the site takes me to the “login” screen!

HELP!

davenorton50
    Burlington, WI

hold on…

Sounds like a cookie problem. Not really sure how you can fix it b/c you need to get to your “my home” to expire your cookies.

I’ll post this message on the Gen Board and have one of the admin dudes get a hold of you…

david_scott
    Twin Cities

I had similar problems here before.. expire the cookies.. or go into *my computer* and internet options to get rid of all your cookies that way.

Once you delete your cookies.. have it remember your password next time you log on and you wont have the problems.. if you dont remember password.. it will be the same thing every time you go to log back on.. You will attempt to log on, it will show your home.. but you will be stuck.

jwmii
    La Crosse, Wi

Thanks D-nort and Fisherdave! I think I got it fixed. I did as fisherdave said and logged off, logged back on (which took me to my home) expired cookies (although I had done this when I originaly looged in because I kept getting logged out when I went to the general discussion forum) I guess the “remember me” thing did it. Since I regularly delete my cookies, history, and temp files, will the remember me thing work when I sign on in the future?

Thanks again guys!

kris_brantner
    My river

ive noticed it happening when i log on from a few different computers like i did in school. if you are loggin on during work and them coming home and logging on, that might be the problem

ggoody
    Mpls MN

Quote:

Since I regularly delete my cookies, history, and temp files, will the remember me thing work when I sign on in the future?

Thanks again guys!

No you will have to log in each time you clear the cookie.

I make a Word/notepad document which has all of my passwords stored in it so I can easily log back in to sites, some of the sites if not visited recently will clear the cookie, and it’s real pain having to get the new password through E-Mail if you can’t find your password.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.