Pool 2 Fall Hog Haul contest.

• Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Its that time of year again.

Pool 2, Fall Hog Haul and Get Together.

Come join us for the Fall Hog Haul at Lions Levee park on Oct 4th. This will be a fun and friendly catch, photo, release contest followed with a pot luck cook out on the island at Lions levee park.

Fishing contest info and rules:

Take off and Finish: Lion’s Levee landing, St Paul Park, MN. Pool 2, Mississippi River.

Date: Saturday Oct, 4th 2014

Contest Time: 8am to 2pm.

Entry fee: $20 per person with an Optional $5 per person for big fish pot.

Boats: Contest is limited to 25 boats.

Teams: In trying to make this a fun, social contest we allow both 2 person and 3 person teams.

Registration. Registration is the morning of the contest. We will have a table set up for this at the landing. Sign in your team members. Pay entry fee for team and receive control item and boat sheet for recording fish measurements. A quick rules meeting will be held 7:30am in the park on the island. I will be set up at the park by 7am for registration.

Teams will need to provide their own camera and fish measuring board for this event. Cameras need to have a display so fish photos can be verified at end of contest.

Launch time is at 8am and will be a shot gun start. Boats will stage on the river side of the island as directed for take off. Please use caution during take off. Larger boats watch out for smaller boats. Smaller boats please heed way to larger boats taking off.

Fishing time ends at 2pm. All boats will need to be back to Lions levee and boat sheets turned in by 220pm. Fish caught after 2pm will not count and are not to be recorded on the boat sheet.

All size walleyes, saugers or saugeyes count as legal fish for the contest. There is no size limit for this contest.
    All fish must be caught by legal MN fishing methods. Only one line per person. Illegally caught or kept fish will be disqualified.

MEASUREMENT and RECORDING of LENGTHS
    All fish that are entered in the contest will need to have a length measurement and photo verification of the fish using the following method:

Fish measurement and recording. Fish measurements are to be taken with the nose of fish touching 0 end of measuring board. The fish tail will need to be pinched and centered on the other end of the measuring board. Take measurement to the nearest 1/4 inch. Record this measurement on the provided boat sheet. There is no limit to the number of fish that can be recorded.

Photo record. The fish needs to be on the fish ruler with head touching 0 side and pinched tail touching the center of the ruler visible on the other side. Both ends of the fish and control item need to be visible in photo. Photos of winning teams fish will need to be presented to judges on Saturday for verification.

Each team will need to provide their own camera and fish measuring board for the event. Please make sure cameras are fully charged and in good working order before contest.

At the end of the contest each team will need to total up their 5 longest fish and add this measurement to the team total space at the bottom of boat sheet. If needed please circle the 5 fish used for the total length measurement. Boat sheets need to be turned into judges by 220pm at Lion Levee. We will be located on the island at the park across from the landing. The top teams will need to present their fish photos to the judges at this time for verification. You must have photos to win. The big fish will be verified at this time also. Award presentation will follow.

Any disputes will be handled by the judges. Any ties in measurements will be broken by the team with the largest recorded fish or coin toss if needed.

PAYOUT:
    Top three places will be paid as follows.
    1st place… 50%
    2nd place… 30%
    3rd place… 20% of entry fees collected.
    Big fish winner gets 100% of big fish entry fees.

Please practice good sportsmanship and safe boating practices. Wearing of life jackets is encouraged at all times and is required while on plane.

Judges will be Michael Westman 612-501-7089. Please feel free to contact us with any questions or problems during the contest.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Please let me know if you have any questions. Also put your name up on this post if you plan on fishing the event. This will give me a idea of how many people to expect. 4th year going on this event. Looking forward to fishing with everyone again and some socializing in the park afterwards.

As always you dont have to fish the contest to join us for a day of fishing or the pot luck afterwards.

Still working on lining up some additional prizes for the contest. Ill post more on this as it gets closer to the contest.

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

Jon Jordan and James “deertracker” Ross are in!

For the pot luck this year I’m planning to bring down a deep fryer, oil and batter/breading for a fish fry. Anyone who has some fish in the freezer they want to clear out please bring and I’ll fry them up for the pot luck. (Fish or anything else that needs a hot oil bath.)

-J.

Drew Engelmeyer
    Lakeville, MN

Drew Engelmeyer and Patrick Ross (fish-them-all) are in.

For the pot luck, I will bring venison jerky sticks, summer sausage, cheese, and crackers. This will be a good thing for people to munch on while everything else is cooking.

-Drew

tharms
    Minnesota

Plan on Tim Harms, Kyle Steinfeldt and Chad Kruse as in.

thebigfishman
    Apple Valley, MN

Just wondering if the contest could be fished from shore or is it required to fish it from a boat? I have some shore spots that will start to produce some big eyes in a few weeks.

Tight lines!
    Kevin

Pete Bauer
    Stillwater, MN

Dad and I will be fishing, possibly have my brother with us too.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Just wondering if the contest could be fished from shore or is it required to fish it from a boat? I have some shore spots that will start to produce some big eyes in a few weeks.

Tight lines!
    Kevin

Sorry Kevin but we are going to keep this a boating contest.

cougareye
    Hudson, WI

My boat will be there!! Looking forward to it.

Francis K
    Champlin, MN

Tyler and I will be in.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

If you have a open seat or looking for a partner for the contest feel free to add it to this post.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

For the pot luck this year I’m planning to bring down a deep fryer, oil and batter/breading for a fish fry. Anyone who has some fish in the freezer they want to clear out please bring and I’ll fry them up for the pot luck. (Fish or anything else that needs a hot oil bath.)

-J.

Just got a email fro Sturdiwheat this morning. They are going to provide us with the fish batters for fish fry. Thank you Sturdiwheat. About a week before the contest Ill start a thread for the pot luck so we can get a idea of who is bringing what and what else is needed.

Attachments:
    1. 2012-Fall-contest.jpg

to_setter
    Stone Lake, WI

I’m planning to come over and will have a total of 3 in my boat.

CBMN
    North Metro

Complete newby to this section of river and any IDO GTG but count on me and 1 other angler in my boat…
    -CBMN
    -yaktroller (spelling?)

Thinking some venison for the pot luck.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Joel (Drewsdad) and myself will in for the contest this year. 1st year for us as we focused on making sure things ran well the last few years. We should be able to take off with the rest of you guys but will still be in a little early to get the end of the day set up. Will also still be available if anyone needs assistance out on the water.

You guys have been warned.

Tim Adams

Wayne and I will be there.

Tim Adams

roottwo

Nate G & Craig P – we’ll see how many 15″ fish we can scrounge up again this time around.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Looks like we got about 15 teams so far with still a few more weeks to go. If anyone is looking for partners for the contest feel free to post it on here or send me a PM. Ill do what I can to try and pair you up.

Pistol

Make it 16 – Pete/Nick

kwp
    Eden Prairie

Micah W and Ken P will be in. I will also bring some brats. Hopefully, someone will bring some charcoal.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Will be good to see you guys there Ken. You to Pete and Nick.

Still slowly working on putting things together for this event. Got some great prize sponsors lined up again this year. Rapala, Skeeter Boat Center, IDO, Evert’s Resort, Team Catfish and Sturdiwheat to name a few. Sturdiwheat is providing us the batter and some extras for the fish fry after the contest. Looking froward to that.

I also have in the works a trophy placard for the contest this year. Found a cool looking board on the banks of pool 2 about a week ago. Got that into A local wood worker who is trying to clean it up and make it into a placard for us. Soon as its done Ill add the winners for the last three years on it and display it at the contest. Each year the winners will be added to it.

deertracker

After this years contest it will be nice to see my and Jon J’s name on there twice. (coffee…)
    DT

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

You guys better bring your A game for that this year. If the bite continues like it is there is going to be a lot of fish measured. Going to be some very good sticks going after them to. Very much looking forward to this contest. Should be a shoot out.

thebigfishman
    Apple Valley, MN

Kevin P and my buddy Dan P are in for sure!

dbright
    Cambridge

I don’t have a A game on pool 2 but my boat will be there.

Pete Bauer
    Stillwater, MN

1/8 inch of snow on the ground would really emphasize the FALL Hog Haul Contest D

Attachments:
    1. snow.jpg

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Thats not nice Pete.

dbright
    Cambridge

Nothing like shorts and wading in the water last weekend and snow the this weekend.

Is anyone looking for a partner? Between the forecast and my partners wife I think he will be pulling the plug Friday.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 38 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.