New to me Alumacraft

• Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

Recent purchase from IDO member shefland. Alumacraft Waterfowler jon boat. Super happy to have a skinny water boat again. Made a few updates. Added a bow mount, new batteries. Changed out the electronics, put on a Lowrance 520c. Ready to roll !! yay Had er out for a shake down cruise tonight. All is good!

-J.

Attachments:
    1. 036.jpg

Kent thompson
    Foreston mn

Congrats on the new rig Jon!lookin good!

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

Those boats are sweet. The neighbor picked up an older Lowe, same style with a merc on the back and I was checking it out tonight in awe, all the waters that would open up to a guy with a rig like that. Enjoy!

Pete Bauer
    Stillwater, MN

Congrats! Jon boats rock, I know you regretted selling your old one. I’m very very close to selling my big boat and only running my jon boat for now – it’s hard to beat a jon for the river, esp when you have a water dog like me.

We need more pics and specs. Looks like a 16fter, 15hp or 25hp?

ssperch
    Hudson, WI

Nice rig, Jon! That will be a blast to run around with on the river.

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

We need more pics and specs. Looks like a 16fter, 15hp or 25hp?

I’ll get some more pics up tonight. This is a 16 footer – 75 inch beam with a 15hp Merc 4 stroke. Not a speed demon, me and the wet dog got er going about 15 mph downstream. Will be the perfect winter boat for pool 2 and 4.

-J.

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

Few pics.

Attachments:
    1. 008.jpg

2. 007.jpg

3. 005.jpg

4. 006.jpg

5. 004.jpg

6. 003.jpg

7. 002.jpg

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Very nice jon Jon. Might have to go bust that in on the river up north pretty soon.

Iowaboy1

I had a 1992 alumacraft 16 extra wide extra deep heavy hulled flat bottom,man I miss that thing,on the back I had a 1976 mercury 20hp motor,with me and the wife it would top out at 28mph according to my gps,with just me in it,it would do 30mph. you could get into some very skinny water with it.
    five years ago,my wife bested me by pulling in a thirty inch walleye in that boat,sigh,havent been able to top that yet.
    a grandson came along and I needed a boat that had ample storage space where I could keep sharp pointy things out of his reach,I just couldnt stand the thought of him getting hooked while he is little,twenty months old now,but wherever the new to me boat goes,he is sure to be with me! my avatar is of him thinking he is the captain. wish I would of kept it to use when he is not around.
    enjoy that thing!! you will be surprised at what you can do with it if you have never owned one before,like spinning her on a dime at full throttle,er,uh, I mean going places you couldnt go before because of shallow water.

DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

Jon- you are missing part of the story. I said, hey, did you see that boat on the classifieds, I was thinking of checking it out.

You said, “hmmm, looks good, I am going to go buy it”

smash flame moon peace applause toast

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Just talked to a guy at our supply house that has another jon for sale. 1448 with 15hp and trailer. He didnt give me the year but said “newer”, not a lot of use. $1800. Needs to make room in the garage. If anyone is interested let me know and Ill get you in contact with him.

zooks

I saw Dave posted that boat for sale a couple different places, knew it would be a good one considering the previous owner. I like the upgrades, Jon, now we need to see some fish slime in it…

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.