BIG NEWS FOR IDO!

• James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Long story short, we’ve outgrown our current studio that we lease. We need a bigger production space and we definitely need more office space to house more people! Our realtor’s efforts over the last 6 months turned up a total of ZERO existing buildings that would work. None. And we looked at a LOT of buildings.

So that brings me to the point of this post. Once we realized that I wasn’t going to be able to find an existing property to lease and modify through an extensive build-out project I turned my sights to building a new facility that would offer the production space and offices that we need to continue to grow!

As of 8 AM this morning our offer on nearly 4 acres of property zoned industrial in the west metro was accepted! As it sits right now the plan is to start construction on a nearly 7,000 square foot building with a 50 x 50 foot production studio with 14 offices on April 1, 2021!!!! The estimated completion date is Sept. 1, 2021. I’m excited and terrified all at the same time!

I attached a rendering of what the front of the building will look like.

Wish us luck!

Attachments:
    1. Screen-Shot-2020-11-20-at-8.49.18-AM.png

roadhunter
    Participant

Congratulations James and Crew!!!!!

Joe Jarl
    Participant
    SW Wright County

That’s great! Congratulations! Sometimes you have to spend money to make money.

john23
    Participant
    St. Paul, MN

Congrats, James! This is great news!

Dutchboy
    Participant
    Central Mn.

applause Well done. Who woulda thunk way back when you were guiding it would have come to this? Will the building be large enough to store the boat, snowmobiles & trucks? Or will that happen with the 2025 addition?

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

applause Well done. Who woulda thunk way back when you were guiding it would have come to this? Will the building be large enough to store the boat, snowmobiles & trucks? Or will that happen with the 2025 addition?

Phase two of the build will include a gigantic heated pole building out back. For the time being we will be storing everything inside a securely fenced area behind the main building.

John Rasmussen
    Participant
    Blaine

Congrats James you have earned it! toast

Maybe room for an IDO member only storage unit? Lol

mxskeeter
    Participant
    SW Wisconsin

Congrats James and staff! Wish you the best and keep up the great shows. Good luck with your building project.

AnotherFisherman
    Participant

Congrats James and IDO! Real Estate is a great investment as well.

Rodwork
    Participant
    Farmington, MN

applause toast

BigWerm
    Participant
    SW Metro

Congrats James and crew!

Eelpoutguy
    Participant
    Farmington, Outing

Congradulations!
    If you can keep us updated with progress both good and bad.

Does this mean you’ll have a studio large enough for a live audience? woot

Char’s guide
    Participant
    Hampton, Ia.

Best of luck James. A huge undertaking but you and the crew will make it work.
    Joe

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Congradulations!
    If you can keep us updated with progress both good and bad.

Does this mean you’ll have a studio large enough for a live audience? woot

I will keep everyone in the loop. Hopefully once completed we can do a housewarming party that includes a pig roast!

The extra space will allow us much more flexibility. Live audience? I hadn’t even thought about that one but I can see allowing people access to come hang out more often. There is always cold beverages in the fridge!~

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Best of luck James. A huge undertaking but you and the crew will make it work.
    Joe

I know the road will be bumpy but we’ll come out OK. I feel we’ve built a great team. Our general contractor is APX Construction out of Mankato, MN. http://www.apxconstructiongroup.com/ They’ve been amazing to work with so far.

belletaine
    Participant
    Nevis, MN

Congratulations James! Growth is a great/ frightening experience!
    I look forward to progress updates.
    Building is the way to go as opposed to converting an existing building, tailor made! waytogo

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

Awesome news, James. Congrats! toast

-J.

Justin riegel
    Participant

Congrats James, You deserve it for all the hard work and opening up the fishing opportunities to all of lay folks. peace

Steve Root
    Participant
    South St. Paul, MN

Congrats James and I hope all goes well for you.

Sharon
    Participant
    Dakota County, MN

Congratulations, James, this is very exciting news!

I will keep everyone in the loop. Hopefully once completed we can do a housewarming party that includes a pig roast!

Sounds like a great plan! I could probably bake a few pies or cookies to bring of course. waytogo

Gino
    Participant
    Grand rapids mn

Congratulations! That’s pretty awesome. You guy always do quality work and definitely deserve it! toast

Ripjiggen
    Participant

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Dutchboy wrote:</div>

Phase two of the build will include a gigantic heated pole building out back. For the time being we will be storing everything inside a securely fenced area behind the main building.

Congrats James and crew. Does this mean you are hiring and IDO security guard. wave
    I promise not to empty the fridge each night. lol

marcolson13
    Participant
    NULL

Congrats James! Looks Awesome!

gregory
    Participant
    Red wing,mn

Very cool!! You gonna have a large bait test tank?? Maybe a large aquarium like bass pro??

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Very cool!! You gonna have a large bait test tank?? Maybe a large aquarium like bass pro??

No, this space will be very utilitarian.

shockers
    Participant
    Rochester

That is awesome news! Congrats, James! Will there be some space for IDO groupies to come/visit/mingle? And maybe convince a brewery to open nearby. With food trucks. Oh….the possibilities….

basseyes
    Participant

Well deserved! Only really great fishing/teaching show/forum based in Minnesota. Other than maybe the Lindner’s stuff and their stuff isn’t what it use to be, but they had a great run and still put out good content. That’s some elite company to be in.

One thing I’d love to see is someone do some shows on the history of fishing in mn with some of the old guys in a boat for a weekend on their old stomping grounds and hear the history behind all the legends in the state. Most are aging and not going be here forever. Be nice if their stories could be told, documented and put on video.

Best of luck with all the future plans and endeavors. Bumpy roads lead to the best destinations, but it’s the ride that’s the real journey. Your guys passion for the sport shines through in spades. And it’s done with class, humility and a true love for the resource.

Bearcat89
    Participant
    North branch, mn

Congratulations. Remember to tell the contractor you know a concrete cutter when they mess something up wave

Slabhunter
    Participant

Well deserved James…keep up the great work…and best of luck always!

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Participant
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

Well this certainly is an encouraging announcement for all IDO followers.

Obviously plans for expansion is promise for the future as opposed to an announcement of contraction.

My thoughts were when a week or so ago the announcement/offering of a much expanded branded apparel as a sign that the business was doing well and growing. And then the added relationships with retailers puts the brand right alongside all the major outdoors products.

Win…win!

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 119 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.