2014 WX1850

• Andy Fiolka
    Boise, Idaho

My dad just made a deal on a new 2014 Skeeter WX1850. It’s currently being rigged, so he wont be able to pick it up for a couple weeks. Neither of us have ever stepped foot in this model (the dealer is out of state), just curious what others think of this boat? It has a 150 Yamaha and they are rigging it with a T9.9 as well.

Myself, I’m still a tin boat guy. Chickened out on buying glass this spring when I bought my new boat. If this boat turns out to be a sweet rig, might have to sell mine next spring and go glass.

Thoughts on this boat?

Thanks.

a-and-t
    By Rochester,MN

We have used the 1850 the past 4 seasons fishing app. 50-75 days on the water. It is a definate upgrade to aluminum in the way it rides in rough water and how it tracks when rigging or trolling. The Yamaha performed flawlessly. Great motor. I think your dad will be happy. Storage was greatly enhanced from my earlier boats. First year we had both speakeers go bad and somthing else I cannot even remeber ,but SBC took care of it no questions as it should be.That being said I did sell mine 1850 to upgrade to the new 1910. The new side holster rod lockers SKeeter has along with the traditional rod storage in the center will be a great asset to us as we keep 16 rods for 4 different types of fishing we do on the river. I am also tweeked to see how the react keel fishes on the 1910 compared to the 1850. Of course no one wants to talk money as the sky is the limit when fishing, but four me I always go into it with a budget ,and Skeeter does a pretty good job of pricing. Not saying its not alot of money, but when I compare boats and their relative pricing to what you get for your money it works for me. Tell your dad good luck , lets see some pics of the new boat and give your comments when you get a chance to try er out.

muskeye
    Duluth, Mn

I just moved from tin to a WX1880 this year. The ride between a tin and glass boat(in the same length class) is not even close. Although I love my boat, it leaves a lot to be desired, mainly storage. The new 2025 and 2060 both cover a lot of my wants. I do wish my funds could put me in a 20′, maybe next year.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.