Out for a Spring Run

Out for a Spring Run

• Sharon
    Participant
    Dakota County, MN

My boys Fritz and Remi are certainly enjoying the Spring-like weather we’ve been having! It still seems to amaze me – just how much these two love to RUN! grin

Anyone else’s pooches enjoying the outdoors so far this Spring? Feel free to share some photos!

Attachments:
    1. IMG_201704a.jpg

2. IMG_201703a.jpg

Ralph Wiggum
    Participant
    Maple Grove, MN

Fritz and Remi always have the same looks on their faces in photos. grin

Ripley has been chomping at the bit. Some of my normal haunts are very soggy now (as in I have been submerged up to my waist). He was driving us crazy last night, so I checked out Crow-Hassan dog park, and he came home wet, muddy, and tired. waytogo I’ll be glad when things dry out a bit.

Sharon
    Participant
    Dakota County, MN

Wet, muddy, and tired = a happy puppy for sure! There aren’t a lot of places around right now that aren’t wet and muddy. Our backyard is even resembling a swap at the moment, but we try to find the drier areas for exercising. You should see the inside of my car – the back area is caked with dried mud from the boys! Gotta love having a hatchback!

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

We are pretty good about our walks. Get out most every day. We are lucky to live next to a public wooded area. Most days we never see another person/dog out all winter. Got to feel a little sorry for the dogs that are showing up now after no walks for a long time. sad

My Rottie is now on the plus side of 10 years. Still getting around pretty good. But the old boy is slowing down these days. That walk that used to take a 1/2 hour is pushing an hour now. He is in no hurry to get anywhere and likes checking and replying to his P-mail.

Hope he makes it to next winter. He loves the snow.

-J.

Sharon
    Participant
    Dakota County, MN

Most days we never see another person/dog out all winter.

Same here. The trails and parks are so quiet in the winter months – we kinda like it. But I also feel sorry for the dogs that aren’t getting as much exercise as they should.

I tried putting a wool vest on Fritz shortly after we got him to keep him warm during winter… let’s just say he didn’t like it! When my boys get cold out there they just seem to run faster to warm up. smile

It’s hard to watch our furry friends grow old. What is your Rottie’s name again, Jon? He looks like such a fun dog. I’ve heard stories about how he likes to tell people when you have a fish on!

Ralph Wiggum
    Participant
    Maple Grove, MN

Ripley gets a short walk every morning and a longer one in the evening. I try to get some off-leash fun in several times a week, too. We have a great place near us that’s perfect, except it’s a lot of cattails, and with the wet summer and strange rains this winter, it’s pretty awful in there now. The cattails are great for tiring him out, though. He’s dives through them with absolute recklessness! I love when I can’t even see him and just watch for the moving cattails. )

I get a lot of comments about how I walk him so often. In my mind, in owning a dog, you are signing up for a commitment to that dog. Treat him/her right, and the favor will be returned.

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Sharon M wrote:</div>What is your Rottie’s name again, Jon? He looks like such a fun dog. I’ve heard stories about how he likes to tell people when you have a fish on!

Name is Brut. Yeah, he gets pretty excited when the rod is bending for sure. whistling

6 years ago….seems like last week!

Sharon
    Participant
    Dakota County, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Jon Jordan wrote:</div>Name is Brut. Yeah, he gets pretty excited when the rod is bending for sure.

Haha yes! I love this video! Time sure flies, doesn’t it.

Hard to believe how big Ripley is getting, huh Ryan! When does he turn one?

mnrabbit
    Participant
    South Central Minnesota

I get a lot of comments about how I walk him so often. In my mind, in owning a dog, you are signing up for a commitment to that dog. Treat him/her right, and the favor will be returned.

I always get a chuckle out of people who say something along the lines of, “my dog just loves to eat too much” when talking about their overweight / out of shape dog. Well… guess what? You control all of their food and exercise! It’s not the dogs fault.

Ralph Wiggum
    Participant
    Maple Grove, MN

I always get a chuckle out of people who say something along the lines of, “my dog just loves to eat too much” when talking about their overweight / out of shape dog. Well… guess what? You control all of their food and exercise! It’s not the dogs fault.

Right?!?! That’s along the lines of, “your dog is so well behaved.” It’s like they think the dog was born that way. Someday, people will say that about Ripley! rotflol

Hard to believe how big Ripley is getting, huh Ryan! When does he turn one?

Yeah, he was 66 lbs as of Monday! He’ll be 8 months next week and turns 1 in early August.

Sharon
    Participant
    Dakota County, MN

Yeah, he was 66 lbs as of Monday! He’ll be 8 months next week and turns 1 in early August.

Wow he’s outweighed my boys now! And I’m Sure he’s still growing, too!

Remi turns 3 on August 4th, which is also Billy and my’s 10 year wedding anniversary. woot

Ralph Wiggum
    Participant
    Maple Grove, MN

I think he’ll end up around 85 lbs.

Sharon
    Participant
    Dakota County, MN

Oohff!

Ralph Wiggum
    Participant
    Maple Grove, MN

Considering Floyd was almost 150 lbs in his prime, Ripley’s just a little fella. rotflol

Attachments:
    1. Floyd-1.jpg

Ralph Wiggum
    Participant
    Maple Grove, MN

We had a great romp this morning! There were lots of ducks, geese, and RW blackbirds to lust after. Wet, stinky, and happy!

Attachments:
    1. DSC_1510.jpg

Ralph Wiggum
    Participant
    Maple Grove, MN

Effing sideways photo. Drat!

Sharon
    Participant
    Dakota County, MN

I can’t imagine a 150 lb dog. That’s like having another human in the house!

Cute photo of Ripley (though it’s sideways mrgreen ). He looks pretty pleased with his muddy paws and wet beard!

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.