A Good Helper

A Good Helper

• Sharon
    Dakota County, MN

I was scraping the shed in our yard since we’ll be repainting it soon, so I laid down some drop cloth to catch the paint scrapings. Well, my GSP Fritz misunderstood the purpose of the drop cloth and plopped right down on it to relax in the sun! Remi was enjoying the shade nearby and they both watched me scrape paint for a couple of hours on Saturday. I love that dogs enjoy being near their humans and enjoy participating in whatever we are doing. Even if they’re just watching thinking “Glad that’s not me!” rotflol

Attachments:
    1. 20170617_134107.jpg

2. 20170617_133905.jpg

404 ERROR
    MN

Very cute! Reagan loves helping with whatever it is i’m doing also. This weekend we were at my parent cabin working on some landscaping and doing a little fishing. I loaded up the bed of the gator and hopped in to drive it up the hill with my dad. Before my dad could sit down in the passenger seat, Reagan stole his spot! He just looks at my dad and gives him the look of “You think i’m walking up the hill? No way”.

He also loves sitting in front while the pontoon is moving to watch for oncoming boat traffic. I gotta get him to do that for logs while on the river sometime…

Edit: Yes, a water dog with webbed feet CANNOT swim…that is why he wears a life-vest…

Attachments:
    1. Reagan.jpg

Sharon
    Dakota County, MN

Love the picture! Those ears are something else, aren’t they? LOL.

Neither of my boys are swimmers. Fritz refuses to go in water that touches his belly, and I think Remi wouldn’t mind jumping in all the way but I’m sure he’s not likely to do that unless he sees Fritz do it first. Little brothers… smirk

BigWerm
    SW Metro

I love that dogs enjoy being near their humans and enjoy participating in whatever we are doing.

If I die an unexpected death, 75% chance it is from me tripping over Belle while she is trying to “help” me with a chore by laying right behind me. rotflol

Sharon
    Dakota County, MN

tripping over Belle while she is trying to “help” me with a chore by laying right behind me.

rotflol Yep! You learn how to move differently when you have dogs at your feet all the time.

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>BigWerm wrote:</div>
    tripping over Belle while she is trying to “help” me with a chore by laying right behind me.

rotflol Yep! You learn how to move differently when you have dogs at your feet all the time.

Everytime we’re in the kitchen cooking there’s a chance of a bad fall backwards! rotflol

404 ERROR
    MN

Love the picture! Those ears are something else, aren’t they? LOL.

I call him the Gremlin every now and then. His attitude sometimes is reminiscent of feeding one after midnight and his ears are a perfect replica when blowing in the wind!
    jester

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

Well, my GSP Fritz misunderstood the purpose of the drop cloth and plopped right down on it to relax in the sun!

LOL. Floyd used to be notorious for laying on anything we’d put on the ground. You’d lay down a blanket to put a baby on, and Floyd would come running to lay on it. rotflol

Edit: Yes, a water dog with webbed feet CANNOT swim…that is why he wears a life-vest…

As much as I love having a swimmer, it can also be a hindrance. doah Ripley will follow me or sometimes even swim off towards other boats just to see what they’re doing. And if we’re swimming off the pontoon, he’ll jump in, too. Getting a wet, 80-lb Spinone into a pontoon is interesting. We’ve also got one of those floating “Lily Pad” mats, and for some reason, he loves being on that thing.

deertracker

That was quite the scraping job there Sharon. I’ll keep that in mind for the future. coffee
    DT

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.