Wacky ain't just for Senkos and bass !

Wacky ain't just for Senkos and bass !

• Spoon Minnow

About five years ago I figured that since I had so many soft plastic lures in storage over many years, why not put them to use. Having already started pouring many lures in molds, I got out a candle, cut parts off lures (body and tail) and used a candle to fused them together. Thus began a whole new fishing related quest: find lure designs fish bite more often than not and prove to myself how well each design gets hit year after year.
    Here are a few composite lure modifications:
    I cut a section of the body of a Ring Worm and attached the tapered tails from a stick I had hand poured:

When used with a 1/16 oz ballhead jig, the actio was no different than a Senko dropping to the bottom and that could also be worked mid depth:

I caught bass, large sunfish and crappie the first time I cast them as well fusing two grub bodies together:

I added this clear hand poured tail to a grub body and it caught everything:

A spike tail replaced the curl tail and can be used on a slow retrieve with pauses as well as under a float:

I took the claw off a bass craw lure and added it to a grub body:

You’re only limited by your imagination!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.