New Mustad 32500 series jig hooks

New Mustad 32500 series jig hooks

• Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

These new hooks are right in line with Eagle Claw’s “Lil Nasty” and Matzuo’s Sickle Hooks. Though not quite as radical in the bend as the others this new Mustad is still in the sickle hook market.

I got a box of a thousand the other day and am hoping to get some cast next week. In the picture the Mustad is at the top of the three hooks with the Eagle Claw in the center and Matzuo on the bottom. The dime is for size comparison. The new hook hasn’t got the radical bend that the other two possess and the wire used in the hooks is slightly heavier. The hooks drop right into molds using the 570 line of EC hooks. One thing I noticed right off while trying to loosen a few hooks from the ball that came out of the box is their sharpness. The Matzuos and ECs don’t hold a candle to this new hook….at least in a size six.

The Mustad hook shown here is a bronzed hook but its about the cleanest bronzed hook I have ever seen. Very high quality hooks here.

The hooks have been pretty elusive since last fall’s release announcement. Hopefully Mustad has started to fill some of the back orders now and people can get their hands on these.

Attachments:
    1. IMG_1901.jpg

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.