Lighting options

Lighting options

• slipperybob
    Participant
    Lil'Can, MN

Fishing all night, I used to bring out the Coleman dual fuel lantern. Easily get the whole night on a full tank of kerosene.

I had once also built myself an area light box. Had two flasher 7ah batteries and used automotive fog lights. That didn’t work out and was only good for a few hours at most. Now with so many new led strips 12v application, I could redo my area light box.

However I since I own a few Ryobi tools for home use, I bought into a work light.

18V ONE+™ HYBRID LED PROJECT LIGHT #P790

Three settings of 900 lumens, 600 lumens, and 100 lumens. Low power suppose to give 35 hours of light on a high capacity battery that’s the P105 battery, maybe equals a typical 3ah. I left the light on low mode with my 3ah battery, still shining bright when I woke up 8 hrs later.

I also have several pocket work lights. The cheap kind made with led lights and you find in the gift light section. I bought them for $1.50 on clearance at one time for the cost of less than batteries. I got mine at Menards by the brand Smart Electrician. I’ve used these overnight a few times while catfishing summertime, on the lowest spot led mode instead of using chemical light sticks or those little led sticks for rod watching in the dark. Still haven’t replace batteries in them yet. They have hooks and magnets, so they are great light source in the corners of the hub shack as well.

KPE
    Participant
    River Falls, WI

I used to run LED’s in my shacks, powered by flasher batteries, etc. After 2 seasons like this I got real sick of the eye strain that the cheap LED’s give. Being that I have a good arsenal of milwaukee batteries for my tools and I already use my milwaukee drill for an auger, I started using the milwaukee 2363-20 M18 Lantern. The light is a more natural color temperature, has 3 brightness settings, can project 180 degrees or 360, and it has a USB port for charging cell phones, etc. This is the best little light package I’ve ever come across, and durable too! If I ever manage to break it I’ll buy another without hesitation.

I also keep a Milwaukee 2735-20 in my truck that comes with on night time boating and ice fishing adventures, for when I need a quick simple light source.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.