zilch

• Randy Wieland
    Participant
    Lebanon. WI

4 sets and had hawks circling on all 4. No coyotes tonight, but how can you beat watching a sunset with a scream’n rabbit echoing in the woods

Attachments:
    1. 20141229_164457.jpg

deertracker
    Participant

That is a great pic. How do you like that Howa? I almost bought one spur of the moment last week but it was Kryptic camo and I wanted snow camo.
    DT

Nic Barker
    Participant
    Central WI-Northern IL

Have been skunked on my last few sets as well, but had plenty of crows come investigate. That picture makes your rifle look pretty Bad***.

Randy Wieland
    Participant
    Lebanon. WI

Dt, I wack pretty much anything within 500 yrd I put the mil-dots on. Sub-moa with nosler or Hornady 55 gr bullets over varget. Very deadly tool. I’m well over 2000 rounds through it and it still shoots a single tattered hole at 200yrds with a 4 shot group.

If.you watch any of my p-dog vids, the slow motion will show the trajectory. It reaches out there.

esoxhunter
    Participant

My dog woke me up at 2:30 AM a couple days ago. A few seconds later I learned why. A coyote howling in the back yard!

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

They should start responding to vocalizations with the females coming into heat soon. These cold nights ought to kick the dinner bell into overdrive also. I’m gonna try to get out this weekend.

Love the pic Randy!!

Randy Wieland
    Participant
    Lebanon. WI

I was quite aggravated this morning g. Only made two sets at sunrise. First set had a pair coming in. They split apart at about 400yrds and we’re sneaking in between tree rows in my field. Lost sight of them at about 300 yrds and they never reappeared. Have no clue what happened or where they went. Just vanished. I suspect they were smarter than I gave them credit for and they managed to sneak out undetected.

Set two had a bald eagle come in and circle for about 20 minutes. Then nothing but COLD.

deertracker
    Participant

Going off of the picture you posted, where would your caller be in that set up? Do you just put it out in the open field?
    DT

Randy Wieland
    Participant
    Lebanon. WI

DT my scope sun shield blocks the view to my caller and a muskrat pelt on a stick. It is in the corn rows that turns to the middle of the picture.

Wind 5 to 8 mph quarter toward me right to left. That takes 100% of my scent far and away from the set.

What you don’t see. In this coulee is a freak nest of treetops, grape vines and brush. There is also a second coulee that is beyond the fence line that hosts an equal amount of cover. With this wind, almost every coyote that I have shot here has come out where the finger of treeline projects out in the bottom of the coulee. The step out in the field, stop, spend a minute or two looking back and forth, then continue up the hill.

Attachments:
    1. coyote-set-1.jpg

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

It looks like a primo spot! I’ve got a few like that. Just wish I had 30 more.

Randy Wieland
    Participant
    Lebanon. WI

30 more with un-educated dogs waiting for you!!!! toast

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.