Zihuatanjo Fishing

• gonefishin
    Participant

Hi, wondering if any of you have fished in Zihuatanjo and if so do you have a recommendation for a fishing charter, both inshore and offshore fishing. Going there next week.

Thanks

crwzko
    Participant
    St. Cloud, MN

I’ve been there twice, went fishing both times. Booked out of the resort I was at. Caught bonita, skipjack. One gal in my group reeled in a wahoo. The guys on the boat got really excited about that. Both of those boats brought us to an out of the mainstream beach restaurant where the fish were cooked up and brought out for our lunch. It was not a very serious fishing outing but a very fun day. I kept a card that a serious fisherman I met had gone out on and did well. Big Ben sport Fishing. Look up @Bigbenixtapa on Tripadvisor. He runs three boats. [email protected]

suzuki
    Participant
    Woodbury, Mn

Doesn’t Andy Dufresne run a small charter service there? Him and Red?

bzzsaw
    Participant
    Hudson, Wi

Following this a thread too. We are going to Ixtapa for spring break in March. I went fishing there back in the 80s in a small charter boat. Hung over as hell. We caught some small fish on the way out to deep water. I happened to be in the chair when a sail fish bit. It was close to 8 ft long They kept it Our guide was maybe 17. And his younger brother was his first mate. He was maybe 12. They landed it by the little guy grabbing the sword with his hands and cheap cloth gloves. The older kid beat it over the head with a small club. The darn sword broke off and the fish swam away. Older bro was really pissed and cussing the kid out. Had to real it in again and they beat it up again. Would love to give it another shot.

maddogg
    Participant

I fished there a bunch of times.I always used these guys Dos Hermanos pangas. I don’t know if the still chartering.

mudhole
    Participant

Been there twice but only fished once. Unfortunately don’t remember the captain. We did well though. Ended with (3) sails and I was the only one fishing… the wife was sick. Biggest was about 100lbs. Good luck, it’s a great fishery this time of year.

mwal
    Participant
    Rosemount,MN

My catch last Tuesday. We hired from guy on beach at via Mexicana named Victor. He set us up with younger guy named Earnesto. Went 2 days got a 15 lb Dorado and had 4 or 5 short strikes day one 2nd day I got a nice sailfish and my buddy got 25 lb Dorado. We also had strikes that didn’t hook up. If I go back I will look for them again.
    Mwal

Attachments:
    1. IMG_6154.jpg

mwal
    Participant
    Rosemount,MN

We also saw alot of sea turtles and porpoise. Boat was clean and his gear was good and well taken care of. He changed baits and popper rigs couple times so we were using fresh baits and different colors.
    Mwal

Steven Krapfl
    Participant
    Springville, Iowa

They do, it’s called Get busy fishing, or get busy dying guide services, I’d recommend checking them out. They fixed the boat up real nice.

AK Guy
    Participant

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>suzuki wrote:</div>

They do, it’s called Get busy fishing, or get busy dying guide services, I’d recommend checking them out. They fixed the boat up real nice.

You know what Mexicans say about the Pacific? No. They say it has no memory. That’s where I want to live the rest of my life. A warm place with no memory.

gonefishin
    Participant

Thanks all for the responses. I’ll check them out.

A couple of years ago I was informed about Dos Hermanos but was never able to hook up with them.

Mwal, I believe we are staying at the same place, Villa Mexicana. Our 2nd time here. Any other things you did that you wish to recommend? Did you make it to Jungle Pizza?

gonefishin
    Participant

Hi, we are heading back to Zihua and staying again at the Villa Mexicanna. Anyone been down there recently and have any good fishing experiences to share?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.