Your "principle"

• rednax
    Southern WI

When you are about to hit a new lake what do you study on a lake map first. For crappie and gills. What raises your flag and shows a “good spot” just curious to see similarities or diversities.

rjthehunter
    Brainerd

For mid winter crappies I look right away for a basin from about 20-40 FOW, or if the lake is a shallow lake like one of the lakes I hammer crappies on just go to the deepest hole, which in my case is only 17 feet but its a basin where they roam around. I catch lots of sunnies closer up to the weed line still staying in that 17 FOW but sometimes down to 10 feet. Drill lots of holes, its hard to do good on mid winter crappies without moving around. I drill 30-40 holes before I even put a line in the water then get at it! If you catch more on the eastern part of your holes lets say then keep to that side of your hole grid. Here’s a map of what I’d do, I would try the first spot and if there isn’t a lot of action there I’d move over to the 2nd spot and see if I can find anything there. There’s my.02 cents worth! Good luck!

Attachments:
    1. Screen-Shot-2015-01-20-at-8.46.07-AM.jpg

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.