Yetti soft sided cooler stink

• Deuces

Appreciate the offer crappie, I don’t mind dropping some dough for a higher end one tho.

Reg green shows has me wanting to get a reciprocating saw to a lid, w a lil duct tape should be easy enough to diy an easier access than the dreadful zippers

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

13, 2022 at 12:09 pm#2135004
    Appreciate the offer crappie

No worries bud. I dont want the thing either lol

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

This carhartt soft back pack cooler has done wonders both at work and in the boat. Quarter of the price of the yetti

Attachments:
    1. 20220713_141105-scaled.jpg

James Almquist

If you have some food grade silicone grease apply that to your zipper and it will a 1000% better. They say to use hard soap but I found that this works much better. Most people that stuff sausage will have some or stores that sell stuffing equipment.

FinickyFish

Those cabelas soft sided coolers look nice but latch is kinda a pos, I played with one at the store and couldn’t get it to latch as after a few try’s.

X2. Dinked with it at the store and also did not care for the latch. I have an EGO soft sided cooler on wheels that the wife won at an ice fishing tourney. I like it since it’s just in between a very portable soft cooler but has the wheels like carry on luggage (and is about the same size), but to other points that zipper is TIGHT.

But if I was buying (and im cheap), I’d also just grab an Ozark Trail. I’ve been happy with their ‘yetti’ style products so far.

tindall
    Minneapolis MN

I’ve used most of the high end soft sides and I would argue that Engle is the best – but it comes at the expense of being a little harder to get stuff in and out with the single top zipper. I have kept food iced in an Engle HD20 for 8 days on a fairly warm trip where it was getting shaken around most of the day. Only reason we use soft sometimes is when the space/weight of a hard cooler is too much.

But IMO all the arguments about the cooling function any of these soft or hard coolers are kinda pointless for people who are just spending a day drinking beers out of them. Buy the one that has features you want, looks nice, or conveys the social status you want.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

This thing goes everywhere, holds ice forever, is easy to carry. My rotomolded cooler only comes out now when I’m icing game or fish on warm trips for extended periods and really push the timeline for ice. They’re just too heavy to lug around loaded for the “cool” factor.

Attachments:
    1. 4D4DAF5F-C13C-4087-9D36-F588F53AE39C.png

chuck100
    Platteville,Wi.

Stop looking at the used\returned items EP.No wonder they smell.
    I have an Ozark Trail and it works good.

Viewing 8 posts - 31 through 38 (of 38 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.