Yard Cat!

• ?????

Had this small bob cat visit today looking for lunch. I saw it walk by my office window on its way to the bird feeder on the lake side of the house got a few pictures, it then moved to the road side feeder where there was a red squirrel at the feeder, no trees within 40′ of that feeder, fun to watch man is that cat fast the red squirrel did not have a chance. Wish I could have gotten a video of that. They must be living close because this is the third time I have seen them during the day.

Attachments:
    1. 20180312_102211.jpg

2. 20180312_102209.jpg

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

Pretty animal but I don’t know that I’d like it around my bird feeders.

Those red squirrels are just dumb. We had a bear maybe of 300 pounds laying in the cabin yard lapping up sunflower seed when a red squirrel figured he’d join in. That lasted about a half a second and it was fun watching that sucker go down the hatch. That bear’s paw was a whole lot faster than that red ever thought it would be.

Have you got more than one of the cats hanging around? The picture looks like a young cat from last year’s litter maybe. Neat picture.

?????

This was from this fall and looks like mom or dad. The one today was 25 pounds at most so I assume it was last years kit like you. We live backed up to the Paul Bunyan forest so there is lots of open country around us and a really large swamp close as well plus river bottoms etc…

Attachments:
    1. 11-002.jpeg

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.