WTB – Track tree rod holders

• Chuck Melcher
    SE Wisconsin, Racine County

I have Traxtech rod holders now I bought from a classified ad here years ago… and want to add two, I’m thinking two rod holder trees. I’m open to other brands that will fit in my track system. Hoping for something adjustable…. but do need it to be affordable as well. Probably shipped to SE WI…. if you have some sitting you want to part with let me know. Can’t swing the cost of the new stuff.

David Blais

Not helpful on the trees. But have you seen the generic mounting plate from traxstech. It allows you to mount the plastic rod holders to the track.

Timmy

I have traxtech on my rig and was planning on getting a couple trees, but when I looked them up, I got a little sticker shock. Please post if you find an option that is a little more affordable.

Kenny Fisterbottom

Look on ebay. I bought a set from a company in Minnesota or Michigan a couple years back, adjustable triples, for under $400 for the pair.

B-man

I have a set of these on my boat.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Rod-Holder-Tree-Double-Fixed-Unit-Stainless-Fishing-Rod-Holders-with-Base-Fit-3/283491172831?hash=item42016401df:g:rO4AAOSwSZhc4tge

They’re super inexpensive and get the job done. I can run mag boards with heavy copper in them. They’re also very adjustable unlike many trees on the market.

I got a set when they first came out and did a little modifying. I had to drill out one side since the rod holder itself was threaded as well as the mount that rotates on the tube (it looks like they’ve changed it to what it did so the rachet teeth can be fully tightened like mine now do)

I also put some star knobs/bolts on it instead of the football shaped tees. Found the parts at my local hardware store.

For $50 (a side) you can’t go wrong for a recreational boat waytogo

For a bit more money, take a look at these. Still very reasonable though.

https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=2787624204606219&id=100000760005598&set=gm.3228693100476732&source=48&ref=m_notif&notif_t=group_highlights

On my last couple boats I had a pair of High Seas adjustable quads, but sold them with last boat. Loved them but they were overkill on a boat with a hard top. That, and they’re $500 a set now.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Rod-Holder-Adjustable-Tree-Quad-Fits-Tracks-Fishing-Trolling-Aluminum-holders/401072689068?epid=1138757014&hash=item5d61cb8fac:g:DqcAAOSw4GVYSv0d

Attachments:
    1. Screenshot_20200323-1729372.png

Chuck Melcher
    SE Wisconsin, Racine County

B-Man

I’ve seen some of them on e-bay and just wasn’t sure pulling 10 color for salmon – but being you’ve used the top one mentioned, and they are for rare use, I ordered a set. To the door for $100, I’ll make them work ) Thx… I’ll post in a week once they are here.

B-man

B-Man

I’ve seen some of them on e-bay and just wasn’t sure pulling 10 color for salmon – but being you’ve used the top one mentioned, and they are for rare use, I ordered a set. To the door for $100, I’ll make them work ) Thx… I’ll post in a week once they are here.

waytogo

You won’t be disappointed for what you spent, I promise.

For 95% of guys out there, they are the way to go if you don’t want to drop $400-800 on trees.

You can run three rods off of the “two” rod tree. The vertical top opening of the tube works as an additional rod holder for your outside board when running three boards a side.

to_setter
    Stone Lake, WI

For reasonably priced and excellent quality trees try Great Lakes Planers. I use 2 of their 4 rod trees with lights on the top and they’ve been great!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.