Work bibs

• Bearcat89
    Participant
    North branch, mn

I’ve been wearing carhartt gear for ever. But my hip zipper just broke again 2 returns this year and 1 last. What other options do I have. I work out side year round and around wet dirty conditions, concrete cutting. What other out door winter bibs are there that I don’t know about.

Dutchboy
    Participant
    Central Mn.

Go find a old time shoe repair place or somewhere that can sew in zippers. Buy the highest quality zipper they can get and replace the ones you use. This is all dependent that you like the Carhardts.

big_g
    Participant
    Isle, MN

I don’t own any of their outwear but, Duluth Trading Company makes some high quality wearables.

MX1825
    Participant

I know a construction/contractor guy that only wears Duluth gear. Whether insulated bibs, midweight pants, or hot weather shorts it is all Duluth work wear stuff.

Coletrain27
    Participant

I have a pair of dickies bibs that I like. They are a lot less stiff compared to my carhartts and feel a lot more comfy to wear

Bearcat89
    Participant
    North branch, mn

I have a ton of Duluth pants guess I’m not sure why I didn’t think about there bibs.
    I never thought about duckies but I do hate their pants.

I’ll be taking these to the seamstress lady but it sucks. Like the 12th time I’ve wore them.

dirtywater
    Participant

I like my insulated Dickies bibs but I do feel like the zippers are the weak link. That said it’s been 3 years and they’ve held up.

Some guys will laugh but the Patagonia Iron Forge insulated bibs are the Cadillac of insulated bibs; i think they’re made out of hemp canvas. Yes, I’m a hippy.

Paulski
    Participant
    “Ever Wonder Why There Are No Democrats On Mount Rushmore ? "

RefrigiWear perhaps ?

20 % off right now

Paulski

Brad Dimond
    Participant

I second the recommendation to take a look at the Duluth Trading products. I don’t have insulated coveralls but the Fire Hose uninsulated ones are solid. The fabric holds up, seams don’t separate, hardware (zippers, buckles, etc.) don’t break. Pricing is in the same ballpark as Carhartt gear.

Bearcat89
    Participant
    North branch, mn

I second the recommendation to take a look at the Duluth Trading products. I don’t have insulated coveralls but the Fire Hose uninsulated ones are solid. The fabric holds up, seams don’t separate, hardware (zippers, buckles, etc.) don’t break. Pricing is in the same ballpark as Carhartt gear.

My shops not far from the Fridley location. I may stop tonight. I looked online but just want to see the insulated ones in person

Bearcat89
    Participant
    North branch, mn

Men’s Superior Fire Hose Bib Overalls

They occasionly have them in their outlet stores at a good price
    [/quote]

Nice. They are even in stock at 130 bucks that’s sweet

Rodwork
    Participant
    Farmington, MN

Pricing is in the same ballpark as Carhartt gear.

They are not in the ball room. I love Duluth pants. That extra crotch patch makes a huge difference. Where are their outlet stores? Google only gives me their normal stores.

Randy Wieland
    Participant
    Lebanon. WI

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Brad Dimond wrote:</div>

They are not in the ball room. I love Duluth pants. That extra crotch patch makes a huge difference. Where are their outlet stores? Google only gives me their normal stores.

I go to:
    Belleville, WI Outlet
    1107 River St.
    Belleville, WI 53508
    Corner of Hwy 69 & Richard Rd near Burreson’s Foods
    608-424-1227

for you MN folks, probably too far of a drive to be cost effective

Netguy
    Participant
    Minnetonka

I do have the Duluth Trading Firehose Pants (non-insulated with stretch material) and they are solid.

The_Bladepuller
    Participant
    South end

My only issue with Duluth Trading clothing is the origin tags. All Asian made from what I’ve seen.

munchy
    Participant
    NULL

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Brad Dimond wrote:</div>

There is one in Redwing. Upstairs is the regular store and Downstairs is the outlet store.

Rick Z
    Participant
    Stark MN

Dress shop in Isanti She is the best tailor I know and really cheap. Does quality work and has fixed numerous zippers for me.

Demorie Alterations
    24 Main St W, Isanti, MN 55040
    (763) 331-1675

robby
    Participant
    Quad Cities

Deluth is great advise.

Bearcat89
    Participant
    North branch, mn

Dress shop in Isanti She is the best tailor I know and really cheap. Does quality work and has fixed numerous zippers for me.

Demorie Alterations
    24 Main St W, Isanti, MN 55040
    (763) 331-1675

Perfect, I was trying to find the lady that did my old ice house zipper but couldn’t get in contact. I’ll call Isanti Tomorrow, thank you Rick.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.