Women's ice fishing bibs

• popcorn
    Participant

I took my girlfriend ice fishing last year and she fell in love with it but the snow pants she has are a bit on the cheep side. They are both thin and definitely not waterproof. I’m wondering if anyone has a good recommendation for ladies ice fishing bibs? She is a bit curvy and wears plenty of layers so a men’s husky may fit but everything she’s tried on has either bean tight or to long. I have a bit of a budget but for the sake of her comfort and my fishing time I may be willing so stretch it out.

Thanks for any help,
    Bill

biggill
    Participant
    East Bethel, MN

I’m sure it’ll be recommended, but definitely look into striker bibs. They make women’s bibs and they are adjustable for length. High quality and should last a long time.

They used to be at the state fair. Not sure if they still are but worth a look if you’re going.

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Participant
    Prescott

I would also suggest striker. The woman’s version I believe have a feature that makes going to the bathroom easier.

Highly suggest whatever you go with that they fit loose and not snug. Snug is cold. Loose is warm.

crappie55369
    Participant
    Mound, MN

lets not forget that striker bibs keep you afloat if you fall in! Stiker offers the best in quality and features IMO but if you are on a budget maybe check out some other brands. They are not waterproof at all but the Carhartt’s are tried and true. Should be able to find a pair that fit

Fishtrekker
    Participant
    Land of 10,000 Lakes

My wife lovers her Striker prism suit, great features specifically designed for women.

Cameron white
    Participant

Have a look at the fxr women’s line too. A friends wife liked the fit way better than the striker ladies bibs.

biggill
    Participant
    East Bethel, MN

Highly suggest whatever you go with that they fit loose and not snug. Snug is cold. Loose is warm.

I agree with snug is cold but too lose and you lose the value of the insulation and you create drafts inside your clothing.

I believe every layer should virtually be in contact with each other. That’s where insulation is most efficient.

popcorn
    Participant

Thanks for the help fellas I greatly appreciate it. Looks like we’ll have to find a place that has ladies striker suites on hand so she can try them on. Maybe we’ll even luck out and they’ll have a few brands to go through for the best fit.

crappie55369
    Participant
    Mound, MN

popcorn be forewarned that sizing is a little funny on some striker suits. Note i said some striker suits. I dont know about the womens sizes but for mens some suits i would fit in a medium while others i am a large. best to have your lady friend try them on before buying. I believe FF started carrying them last year. Gander used to have them but we all know what happened there.

Dan Baker
    Participant

Striker always has a big booth at the ICE SHOW where you can try on their product, but they don’t actually sell them there. Kind of nice since there is no pressure to by on the spot if your not happy with the fit.

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Participant
    Prescott

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>FishBlood&RiverMud wrote:</div>

I agree with snug is cold but too lose and you lose the value of the insulation and you create drafts inside your clothing.

I believe every layer should virtually be in contact with each other. That’s where insulation is most efficient.

Yes loose not baggy.
    Granted this is with a liner installed. Loose may become slightly baggy with out liner insulation.

Ryan P
    Participant
    Farmington

Hmmm…Judging by pictures on the internet I always assumed that women ice fish in bikinis. That must be why my wife never liked it. I was supposed to get her bibs? doah

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.