Tonka report

• CCoops

Well I spent the evening into the wee hours of the night Tuesday night fishing Muskies with little action. The weather was terrifically crappy but the darn city skies haven’t cooperated much this year. I had one blow up on a surface bait about ten ft. from the boat Thursday morning, it appeared to be in the low 40 inch range. Other than that, the pike fishing is heating up a lot. I probbaly caught a dozen “snakes” pitching muskies lures. If a guy targeted them, you could really put some fish in the boat. Great opportunity for the kids.
    CCoops

MFO
    Minneapolis, MN

Thanks for the report. Been over a week since I’ve been on Tonka and I’m starting to miss her. Do you get many bass that hit while you’re chasing muskies?

CCoops

It’s funny that you ask that question now. I caught the first two bass of the year last Tuesday. One of them (3.5lbs.) hit a black and orange harraser. The other hit a rotating tail bait boatside. The second fish was also a real dandy. Every year we boat about a half a dozen, usually huge bass fishing muskie baits. Tuesday is the first time I have caught one on a bucktail.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.