Little Long Lake

• Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

Ok,,,Long Long Ago…….

When I used to live in Rockfish, I would take my 14′ Alumacraft with it’s 65 minkota trolling motor down to Little Long Lake. I would catch some real nice bass in the back end on the lake where it was a bit shallower and a bit more vegies. Now if i was to post some pix of back then I’d really be showing my age.

Also in the main part of the lake I would run a lindy set up with a plain hook and a crawler and catch Pike, Trout, Bass, Gills and if I caught a walleye I don’t remember it…

I remember this lake because it was real easy to fish being so narrow and long…I also remember it was real clear and DEEP !!

The first time , or second time I was down there, I was backing the boat into the water and there were some frog people coming up the boat ramp, right out of the water up the ramp !!! Whatinthewhointhehell? I stopped the car, got out, and was looking down into the water and there were lots of these frog people coming out of the water,and then just lying under a tree as if to shade themselves from the sun as if it were a lily pad….. I’m like ???? Do I want to be fishing here ????? I went down to the tree to get a closer look at these frogs and they started talking to me They were tellong me that they saw some HUGE fish under the water and that I should get out there and catch what they saw….Well I went out there but I never caught any HUGE fish , but I did manage some dandys…

Does anyone here fish that lake ?

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Frog PEOPLE? Do you ever see anymore frog people or was this a one-time deal?

The clock on the wall says 3 o’ clock….lol AM that is.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

A quick Private Message from ecnook reveals that he has NOT in fact gone completely crazy… apparently this lake was used to train scuba divers in the past. LOL

My bad.

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

someone just called me a stinker !!

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Dave this lake is very close to my house. It’s on my list to hit, but with that list growing daily, it’s hard to hit them all. I’ve got a buddy who fishes Lil’ Long a couple times a summer. He catches lots of pike and a few trout. I think I may have to invest i a dipsey setup to chase the trout around.

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

Good luck and let me know how you do !!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.