Cedar Lake- south of Prior

• Jack Naylor
    Participant
    Apple Valley, MN

I’ve been to Cedar twice this week.
    Monday with a friend and his 13 yr old son for an
    afternoon of catching so many crappies it was insane.
    Also went yesterday with a friend of mine for mid to late afternoon.
    As good as I thought Monday was, yesterday was even better.
    I did have to make 3 moves to locate the school, but once
    found, put out the anchor, and didn’t move again.
    Continuous action the whole time.
    Toward the end of our time, I said lets count how many we
    can catch in a 10 minute period. That 10 min for the 2 of us, put 18 Crappies in the boat.
    Temps were 55-56.

Know a young person, OR a young at heart person,
    GET them out there…..
    Jack

fish-them-all
    Participant
    Oakdale, MN

Thanks for the tip Jack. I heard the ice fishing was really good for crappies there this winter.

fish-them-all
    Participant
    Oakdale, MN

Quote:

Bet there won’t be anybody going out there now after reading this

It received a ton of fishing pressure already this winter, but it is still producing.

adam-bartusek
    Participant
    New Prague, MN

This is my home lake! EVERYBODY go there and fish it. The number of crappies is absolutely stupid. Like Jack said, take a kid out there it’s basically impossible to not catch em. They all got stunted a while back and they’re finally reached keepable size, it’s a great time for a kid and honestly it’ll help get the lake moving in the right direction. There is a reason there was over 150 ice houses on that lake all winter. It’s cause you can catch a limit in 30 minutes…

dld24
    Participant

My GF used to live 10mins from this lake, so one day I woke up early and went out there drilled three holes and there was a school right in my first hole…Caught 2 shy of my limit within 10 minutes (because I wanted to keep fishing) I stayed until about 11…I couldn’t believe how many houses were out there when I left… I had never seen so many houses on a lake, I thought it was a fishing contest…I don’t get how that lake gets just pounded, but still produces like that…Must be a billion of them lil buggers in there

craigrbox
    Participant
    Bloomington, MN

FIshed it on opener after no success on Tonka. It took awhile to find the crappies but when we did the bite was fast enough to keep two boats fishing 30 ft apart busy. The gillnet numbers for this lake are through the roof, the only problem is that launch isn’t the best and is shallow. I only wish that I had my four year old with me, he would have had a blast. We managed to take two limits home in from our boat and it only took 30 minutes of sorting through dozens of fish to find two limits. It was like shooting fish in a barrel.

pdl
    Participant
    Bayport/St. Croix/Otsego/Grand Rapids

Do guys who went back to school at 65 count as young at heart? Ready to be your netman again whenever, Ace.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.