Wissota Fishing League

• aaron
    Chippewa Falls, WI

All 2011 Wissota Fishing League info can be found at http://www.wissotafishingleague.com

There is room for more anglers this year! Last years roster left room for 4 more teams to sign up. We will be holding our annual sign up meeting April 26th 6pm at the Rod-N-Gun Club on Lake Wissota. Hope to see a few new teams this year. See ya there

proffy1

Can’t wait to get this going! What a fun league to be a part of. Good excuse to go fishing every tuesday night and learn the lake!! Good bunch of guys to fish with the last couple years!!

aaron
    Chippewa Falls, WI

Quick reminder of league meeting this Tuesday 6pm Rod and Gun Club Lake Wissota. See ya there

Jason Sullivan
    Chippewa Falls, WI

It was a challenging bite last night. A third of the teams went home with “show up” points.

RESULTS

Congrats to Hageprof with big fish honors, with a 17 3/4″ walleye.

Berg/Shane caught two muskies to take first place.

Still plenty of room for more teams this year.

Sully

aaron
    Chippewa Falls, WI

The waves were big this week Tuesday and so were the walleyes. After a slow start hunting for bass and panfish my partner and I decided to brave the waves and troll the wind swep side of the lake. This paid off well with about a dozen eyes landed in an hour. Most fish came out of 8-14FOW trolling the S pattern with #5’s on the inside and #7’s on the outside of the boat. They liked the fast moving lures up to 2.5mph. Colors of choice were Firetiger, Black and Silver, and Perch. Most of the walleye have reached their summer locations and should hold true until the water temps move well into the 70’s. Weed growth is still low and makes the shallow trolling bite much less work this time on the year. Next week is an off night for league I hope this bite holds out for awhile. Bass and Gills should be in full swing by then as well.

aaron
    Chippewa Falls, WI

Hey league guys! Those of you who did not brave the weather this week missed out on some great fishng. Due to only 4 boats this week we ended up calling off the night. We had a little friendly walleye contest between us.
    Fishing started off hot! Trolling walleyes in 8-14fow was the hot ticket. Many fish in and over the slot. We also landed two muskys on the troll and a few hungry crappie. Our mock sheet for the night topped off at 72points before 8pm. After we had our fill of walleyes we spent time with the big baits in search of the big toothy critters. Congrats to Brian with the 22 inch walleye knocking off the other boats who registered a few eyes just under 20inch.

proffy1

aaron is absolutly right, the bite the last couple league nights has been awesome to say the least. The thing i’m excited about is a major portion of the fish in our boat have been in the slot and above the slot. the last two years i recall seeing 1 over in our boat. pretty sad for 2 years of league and one over fish. the good news is that last few league nights there have been multiple overs per boat. along with the walleyes, throw in a mix of 13-14 inch crappies hitting the cranks, = very fun fishing.

dave53
    Altoona, WI

Last week was my last night class so we should see you out their this week. Hope you saved us some fish.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.