Free beer and new free Wissota lake map!

• VSRangerMan
    Chippewa Falls,WI

Its some of the best mapping I have seen with contours into tributaries to date. It does not have gps coordinates which makes finding things a bit more interesting.With a little research you can get gps coordinates for the newly placed reefs & cribs. The price is the best part = FREE Heres to free maps & cold brewskis at the lodge!

bigpike

Has anyone seen the map yet? Just wondering if it is as good as advertised?

VSRangerMan
    Chippewa Falls,WI

Quote:

Its some of the best mapping I have seen with contours into tributaries to date.

Jason Sullivan
    Chippewa Falls, WI

You can download it HERE

I’m pretty pleased with it. I haven’t taken the time to compare it to the Lakemaster data, but this survey conducted by UWEC is using sonar data collected in the summer of 2008.

Sully

FishinPaul
    Eau Claire, WI

It’s FREE!!!! How can you get better than that? It looks good,not great but still… I like it,pick it up and check it out.

bigpike

thanks Sully, looking pretty darn good!

Jason Sullivan
    Chippewa Falls, WI

Map sets are available from:
    Absolute PowerSports
    DNR Regional Office, 1300 West Clairemont, Eau Claire
    Gordy’s Hardware, Lake Wissota and Chippewa Falls
    Bill’s Sport Shop, Chippewa Falls
    Lafayette Town Hall

G_Smitty
    New Richmond, WI

nice looking maps! thanks!

Jason Sullivan
    Chippewa Falls, WI

Quote:

That new lake map is unbelievable. Do you guys have any idea how on Earth they can be giving those things away for free. The thing is very nicely detailed, in color, and virtually indestructible. I was looking at it this weekend and just couldn’t believe it was free. Was there a grant of something granted to the group that put it together? What made me think of the map is all this talk of cribs. You could darn near walk across the lake on the cribs. Especially those on the West side of the lake. Should be a handy little scouting tool.

The map was funded by a WI DNR aquatic invasive species control grant and Xcel Energy.

The primary goal was to develop a plant management plan.

Sully

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.