Lake Wissota Ice Fishing

• FishingFool
    Participant

Bad ice! At least that is what everyone I talked to has said… It is usually black and looks weak… Paul

VSRangerMan
    Participant
    Chippewa Falls,WI

There tends to be ice heaves from the river systems which can make for some funky ice in areas & deter fisherman.Also I would say lack of vegetation on 95% of the big lake which hold baitfish which can equal better fish.

bigpike
    Participant

The panfish bite has been tough the last couple years, especially the gils. Hopefully this year that trend will change

bigpike
    Participant

Two years ago a guy I work with that lives on the lake had a riot with the crappie all season long on the little lake, last year was just the opposite. The were not many guys fishing it last year so I would guess that was a universal problem. Alot of guys that have fished it for years said last year was one of the worse they have seen. I am not sure why, even the first ice bite was terrible. Hopefully this year will be great. Not sure about the eyes….

John Shear
    Participant
    Chippewa Falls, WI

Lots of guys out there. Those I talk to aren’t getting much. I’ve been there
    twice and got nothing, but this is only my second year of ice fishing so I have
    much to learn yet. On Marshmiller and Rock Lake however, the fish are very cooperative albeit smaller. Lots of small fish is better than no fish.

John S.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.