I’m new to this area

• wisbass
    Eau Claire, Wi

Can anybody give me some advice on where to fish Lake Wissota for bass? I hear there is an open tournament there in June? Any information would be helpfull.

Bird
    River Falls, WI

Where did you move from? I fish a few tourny’s on Wissota and most of the big stringers of Smallies come the Chippewa River and Yellow river. People will fish from the dam on down. Lots of wood on the chippewa. The main lake has a few spots, if you can find some of the good eelgrass on the sand flats next to deeper water…you’ll find some bass. The best thing about the Yellow and Chipp is you can dockem, topwater on the flats or rocks, or carolina rig’em. If I were to start…it would be up the Chipp and then the Yellow by the state park landing. Good Luck …Like to give you specifics but I may meet you in a few of the tourny’s.

wisbass
    Eau Claire, Wi

I moved here from Barron. I’ve been on Lake Wissota once above the bridge pilings to the first bend. I launched from what was waters edge resteraunt. If you or anyone could share more info I would appreciate it. Thanks.

fishingdaskoal
    EauClaire WI

Try Mermaid Island, the rock bar on the little lake.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.