Ray’s Beach

• bigpike
    Participant

The town of Lafeyette voted to keep Ray’s beach and invest a good deal of money into it, instead of riprap the area as the railroad company was instructed to do by the DNR. Big improvements for access and beach front will be made, money from this will come the US goverment, state, the town and the DNR.

Chippman
    Participant
    Chippewa County, Wi

Great news it would have been a shame to loose such a great beach area. Chippman

Jason Sullivan
    Participant
    Chippewa Falls, WI

It will be interesting to see what they do for changes.

I wonder if they would have put in rip rap, if it would have been more “fishing friendly”.

Sully

fishingdaskoal
    Participant
    EauClaire WI

Beach Front, you dont mean like houses and condominiums do you?

Jason Sullivan
    Participant
    Chippewa Falls, WI

I don’t know if this provides much more information but this is what I got out of the township newsletter.

Quote:

RAY’S BEACH: We are moving ahead with the Ray’s Beach Project. A volunteer committee is meeting the 1st Monday of each month immediately following the Town Board meeting. New ideas and members are always welcome. A recent article in the Chippewa Herald reported that Chippewa County Parks and Forest Committee has agreed to fund a portion of the project-up to $ 50,000, if needed. We are looking into Grant Applications through the DNR, other private sources, and fund raising activities by various groups to complete this project. We still anticipating starting this project in the Fall and hopefully have the beach open for the summer of 2007.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.