Wissota ice fishing

• bigpike
    Participant

Was out for a good portion of the day yesterday, caught about 40 gils but maybe kept only 10, the big guys just werent interested, tried some evening walleye jigin’ with jigin’ raps and caught one small eye, had a few more come in but they werent interested. The small lake is baron of ice shacks except for a few scatered around here and there, the ice is actually getting a little weak around the edges along with some puddling and there was one lazy guy who drove his car out to fish, with only 8 inches were I was, this is a little more than nuts since this guy had to cross the channel to drive to his spot.

sirchad
    Participant
    Northwest Iowa

Can’t believe people are driving around on skinny ice. Saw it first hand myself last week. I was fishing on 8.5 inches and someone drove within 50 yards of me.

genegr
    Participant
    Chippewa Falls, WI

Has there been any action on Yellow river by the state park?

Jason Sullivan
    Participant
    Chippewa Falls, WI

BigPike-

Congrats on finding the bluegills. I have yet to find them myself, but admittedly haven’t tried. It’s on my “To Do” list though.

The last few nights I’ve noticed the lights have been on in the shacks on Little Wissota after dark, so I have been curious if there is a night crappie/walleye bite.

I’m surprised I haven’t heard of a good crappie bite from anyone this year.

Good luck to you!

Sully

Jason Sullivan
    Participant
    Chippewa Falls, WI

Quote:

Has there been any action on Yellow river by the state park?

I was out for the evening bite two weeks ago with some friends and picked up 8 walleyes. That bite seems to be pretty consistent. I should have a fresh report soon.

Sully

fishingdaskoal
    Participant
    EauClaire WI

My dad told me that talk around The Office is the crappies are biting. But thats bar talk, so who knows.

Jason, would you be up for hitting Glen Loch Ice Tournament on the first weekend in Febuary? It’s right in Chippewa Falls. If not, you mind if I tag along with you out on the yellow some night? PM me. Thanks.

bigpike
    Participant

Jason I have been doing good on the little lake all winter, if you know were the cribs are in 20′ you know were I am, also there are shacks in my vicinty but I am actully catching all my fish just off the cribs not on top of them, the size of the gils coming out of this lake is getting very respectable and pretty darn consistent, I have found the more you get out and talk to guys on the ice the more you learn f-a-s-t. Not all guys talk but alot of them do, if you get on a real knowledgeable guy that’s talkative its almost like I wish I had a tape recorder, some guys it seems have forgotten more about fishing spots/fishing then I’ll ever hope to learn in a lifetime…

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.