Water Level?

• krisko
    Durand, WI

With all of the rain we got the past couple of days what did it do to the water level of the lake? I’m just wondering how it will effect the fishing now. I think I’m going to give up on the lake until hard water, unless things pick up. I guess there is bowhunting to do.

jhalfen

I wish I knew. There is still flooding today up in Rusk county, and all of that water needs to head south. The Chip in Eau Claire is supposed to crest Friday night/Saturday morning above flood stage, so any water level changes on Wissota should be stabilized by then. Maybe Jason Sullivan can chime in. Sully: what’s going on out your window??

My weekend trip got moved from Pool 4 to Wissota because of the rains. Hopefully I won’t have to stay home and do yardwork. After this weekend, I’m off to Mille Lacs for 3 days over the full moon, so I won’t likely get back to Wissota for a couple of weeks.

WOODYJASPERSEN
    BLOOMINGTON MN

POOL 2 ON THE MISSISSIPPI CAME UP ABOUT 2 1/2 FEET FROM TUESDAY TO WENSDAY AT WATERGATE MARINA

Jason Sullivan
    Chippewa Falls, WI

My glances out the backyard or driving by didn’t indicate there was a big water level rise, but now I will take a closer look.

The fall bite is going to turn on. My neighbor has been getting a few ‘eyes off his dock at night.

Good luck!

Sully

krisko
    Durand, WI

Sully where do you live on the lake? Someone had said up on the Yellow?

Jason Sullivan
    Chippewa Falls, WI

I live in the bay near the K bridge.

The water is high right now. My neighbor’s dock is under water.

Sully

bowhuntr24
    Somerset, Wisconsin

However the fish are biting! Fished from shore for about 2 hours got lots of bites with one keeper eye and a nice perch.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.