Wissota Muskies

• kkeoth
    Participant
    Eau Claire

Anyone ever try to fish muskies on wissota i tried it for the first time last night and didn’t do anything i stayed in the little lake that could have been the problem i just pounded shore line with spinner and buzz baits. any tips would be awesome and don’t for get CPR Muskies

jhalfen
    Participant

I don’t target them specifically, but I catch muskies with some regularity while fishing for eyes in the main lake and up the Chip. They’re in there!

krisko
    Participant
    Durand, WI

I also don’t target the muskies. I do know that they are out there. Some of the good places are where the Chippewa comes into Lake Wissota near the golf course on the main lake. You can also work your way up the Chippewa to where O’Neil Creek comes in just up from there. They are up in the Yellow River. Now that boat traffic is down too you can get them by the little island over by the View too. As far as the little lake….your guess is as good as mine. Your best bet is to pick up a Hot Spots map from Farm and Fleet, Sheels, or Gander Mtn. GOOD LUCK!

bigpike
    Participant

Whenever I target musky in Wissota I dont catch them (I admit I am not patient enough) so your (my) best bet is throw around the bridges leading into the lake with medium to large sized rapalas or deep diving cranks with alot of action-basiclly I target bass and catch musky, heck you might even catch a few bonus smallys , I’ve done very well this time of year trolling up and down the river by Wissota marine, 1 day last year I caught two casting around the bridge, then took a couple trolls and caught three more, none bigger than 38″ but still it was cool. Also what I like to do in the fall when the water gets cold is set up at an ambush point and soak a sucker while you jig or slip for crappies and walleyes, if you can afford the suckers or know where to get them for free. The less you try for musky on Wissota the more you catch as rule…..Good luck!

kkeoth
    Participant
    Eau Claire

Hey Guys thanks for the advice its much appreciate. if any of you are looking for a partner for any kind of fishing let me know I’m game and always looking to go. i always end up going by my self and its no fun.
    thanks again
    -Kyle

bigpike
    Participant

I’d be happy to hook up with you, I go during the week by myself alot, well not unless you count my lab Thunder. I work alot of weekends so the ones I dont work are family time, if this works out for you drop me a PM, the fishing should be picking up with this cool down coming….

kkeoth
    Participant
    Eau Claire

bigpike check your messages

fishingdaskoal
    Participant
    EauClaire WI

My stepdad says he had a bluegill on a hook about ten years ago and it got pounded. He swears that there could be a record musky in there, and if you fish near the underwater barn and silo foundations, there could be.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.