Quick report State Campground Area

• leinieman
    Participant
    Chippewa Valley (Dunnville Bottoms)

Went out fishing on Wissota Thursday evening looking for some eaters with a couple of friends. We started out closer to the mouth of the Yellow River and Campround area and kept working our way along steep bank towards the Chippewa. Nothing happened untill about 6:00-6:30 then the fish started biting. We were using crawlers,leechs on jigs. Tried plastics as well as casting cranks. We ended the night keeping our limit of 9 eaters (all just under 14″) . I’m not sure how the slot size is supposed to help fishing in Wissota as it seems the last year or two we hardly ever catch a fish in the slot 14 to 18. Are all the just under 14 inch fish that get caught kept and there are no others to grow to the slot size ?? Maybe there are al lot of slots and over slot size fish out there but I don’t now where. Maybe AI’ll have to do some trolling with downriggers and try some deeper water looking for some suspended fish?

Steve

Jason Sullivan
    Participant
    Chippewa Falls, WI

Steve-

That is a strech that I have been meaning to troll with some cranks. It sounds like you have downriggers, if not I am rigged up with downriggers if you would like to hop in my boat sometime and give it a try.

Sully

leinieman
    Participant
    Chippewa Valley (Dunnville Bottoms)

Sounds fun Sully. If you try that area all our fish came on the first good break (12 feet) the water depth drops fast after that. We didn’t have any luck deeper but for some reason as soon as the drift would hit 12 feet fish on. Anchoring and casting slip bobbers to the same break may pay off with some larger fish. Steve

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.