Any recent reports??

• krisko
    Participant
    Durand, WI

I’m going out on the lake Friday and Sunday. Is there anything biting out there? I wanted to chase some crappies around. If ya got any news, rumors or anything else let me know. I don’t even kow what the water temp is out there? I’m just looking to do some quality fishing, even if it is raining. Thanks for anything ya got.

Jason Sullivan
    Participant
    Chippewa Falls, WI

I plan to hit the water tomorrow night, so I should have a fresh report on Firday.

Sully

krisko
    Participant
    Durand, WI

Thanks Jason! I just want to catch some crappies with my girlfriend. She gets bored like a little kid if you can’t put her on some fish.

bigpike
    Participant

I wish i could help you out, but work is getting in the way, I do have off for 1 1/2 days early next week, so if you guys post a report it would be great, with the warm weather I excpect the crappies to be taking off real well!

fishingdaskoal
    Participant
    EauClaire WI

yall gonna fish wissota for the opener?

bigpike
    Participant

WORKIN, PS the opener is amatuer weekend, if I was off I’d head to the mighty Mississippi, I have done very,very well in recent openers down there without a soul in sight to crowd in on me or cast over me.

Jason Sullivan
    Participant
    Chippewa Falls, WI

Opener is the once a year fisherman’s holiday, but it doesn’t keep me off the water. I don’t really like the term opener weekend because many of us fish wallyes 12 months a year.

I think Pool 4 will have some congestion this year. There are three tournaments that I know of this weekend. I’m fishing the FLW tomorrow. Good luck!

Sully

bigpike
    Participant

Hey How’d you guys do, I’d like to get out tommorrow and give it a try, Thanks Bill

krisko
    Participant
    Durand, WI

I’m going to give this a try. I didn’t use my camera so I’m hoping the pictures work out. I went out on Friday. I made it out a little after 11am. I went up Paint Creek and tried my luck for some crappies and gills. The water temp up in there was 58 degrees. I was using everything in my tackle box for them and live bait. I got nothing. I made my way out to the small lake and worked a brush pile for about 30 seconds and BAM. I had on a huge crappie. The temp out there was a little warmer at 60 degrees. I was using some bigger crappie minnows dragging them over a log in the pile. As soon as it went over the log I’d let it drop. Almost everyother cast I caught one. My biggest one of the day was 14″. I didn’t have a scale. My smallest one I had was 9″. Some of the females had eggs most didn’t. I ended up with 17 beautiful crappies. I took them home and we had a great fish dinner. I’m gonna try to get out again this week and see what I can’t find. With the warmer temps it should be good….

bigpike
    Participant

Nice crappies Krisko, I did make it out for a few hours today, I casted about 15 cast with a deep diving frenzy when a very nice 40″ class musky follwed my crank bait up, figure 8 / more follows, he hung around for a few more cast but I couldnt get him to strike, pretty lethargic yet….caught a few walleyes other than that couldnt find any crappies, it was nice to get out, but a little windy for me….keep the reports coming, I am hoping for some real fishing time next week

kkeoth
    Participant
    Eau Claire

When will the smallmouth be spawing thats fun to get them. CPR though gotta let them do there buissniss. what are the water temps at around the lake looking to head up there on friday anyone got any ideas where to head.
    -KK

MuskyHunter27
    Participant
    Eau Claire, WI

anybody troll for walleyes on wissota….or up the chippewa near the mallard?

Jason Sullivan
    Participant
    Chippewa Falls, WI

I haven’t spent enough time on the lake to comment, but I know I’m going to try trolling this summer. I plan to get the planer boards out and have a nice big spread going.

Sully

krisko
    Participant
    Durand, WI

I troll for walleyes on a pretty regular basis up there. If you get a Fishing Hot Spots Map, Fleet Farm carries them. It tells you the best places to do it. I don’t go up the river much by Mallard though. Sorry.

MuskyHunter27
    Participant
    Eau Claire, WI

yeah, we troll up near the big sandstone cliffs on the leftside if you’re going towards the mallard, we troll about a 300 yard stretch and bring it back in about 25 feet of water, usually do well on eyes and cats, every now and then we hook a musky

BomberA
    Participant

Anyone having any luck on smallies lately. I’ll be up Sat and Sun and looking to wrestle with some 4 pounders

Thanks ,

Brad

krisko
    Participant
    Durand, WI

Temps are really cold for Wissota this time of year. I could only manage 52-54 degrees for water temp. REALLY SLOW.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.