Ice Free

• Jason Sullivan
    Chippewa Falls, WI

The lake was totally ice free as of yesterday. When will the crappies start biting?

Sully

fishingdaskoal
    EauClaire WI

Ive heard they were biting good in the moon bays right now.

Jason Sullivan
    Chippewa Falls, WI

My neighbor is getting them. Last night I got a few bites off my dock, but they came unbuttoned. I have new hooks, so we’ll see what I can do tonight.

Sully

fishingdaskoal
    EauClaire WI

Is your dock in one of the moon bays?

krisko
    Durand, WI

Sully how does the action look? I’m thinking of bringing the boat up and fishing a little with the girlfriend on Saturday or Sunday. Just looking to see if the panfish are biting or not. Anything you’ve heard would be good.

bigpike

I went out yesterday and caught 1 crappie and 1 perch and a bunch of dink walters on slip bobbers, I talked to a guy who did real good in the same area on Monday for crappies in the 10-14 inch range but they werent biting yesterday. Water temp is in the low 50’s. Crappies are still out deep and will need a little more warm weather to start moving up. Good Luck.

krisko
    Durand, WI

Well with that maybe I’ll go somewhere else on the Chippewa or something. I haven’t heard anything on them catching fish in the creeks or river either. I wonder how this year will be.

Chippman
    Chippewa County, Wi

Fished Camp Kenwood area last week saw alot of crappie on the underwater camera but could only get the little eyes to
    take my minnows.water was in the mid 50’s have not gotten back out since.Ron

Jason Sullivan
    Chippewa Falls, WI

My dock is in Moon Bay. I didn’t get any fresh information. I was out for about a half hour on Friday. It was so windy I had to go in for cover.

I’m thinking of fishing around some of the wood that’s close to deeper water.

It sounds like under the K Bridge is a good spot to try right now.

Side note: I was the guy fishing with Eric on Saturday morning.

Sully

fishingdaskoal
    EauClaire WI

Yeah I seen yall out there that mornin. It was a chilly day. Howd you guys do for that contest?

Jason Sullivan
    Chippewa Falls, WI

Contest wise, we didn’t do well. The guy that won caught three scorable fish. I caught a pump perch and a 14.75 inch walleye. If my walleye would have been a quarter inch longer, I would have got second. We had fun. It was my first time on the Chippewa.

Sully

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.