Fishing League?

• Jason Sullivan
    Chippewa Falls, WI

Does anyone know anything about a Lake Wissota fishing league?

heitda
    Eau Claire, WI

I’ve seen a group out a few times last year on Thursday nights in the summer. They had around 6-9 boats. Sorry I don’t have any contact information. They were discussing changing rules again at the time and it sounded like a multi-species league.

I concur with the rule changes they were discussing since one brought in a northern that didn’t look like it was going to survive. (Mix the teams up on each boat so they don’t have to keep a fish to win.)

Jason Sullivan
    Chippewa Falls, WI

I don’t have good details either. I heard there is a league open to former and current Cray employees. I heard there is an informal fishing league associated with Muskys INC, but they only go about once a month.

I also heard about a Tuesday night multi-species league that is sponsored by Bill’s Bait and Boater’s Choice.

I don’t have good information, so I was wondering if anyone else knew more than me.

I just moved from Duluth and got invovled with a fishing league up there and had so much fun. Learned a little bit and had a ton of fun.

Sully

heitda
    Eau Claire, WI

I was not referring to the Cray Fishing League. Hopefully I can find more information by this afternoon. If not, check back on Monday afternoon.

Jason Sullivan
    Chippewa Falls, WI

I hate to ask you to do leg work, but I think a call to Boaters Choice may be worth a call. If you don’t get a chance, I will make a call next week.

Bluefin16
    Eau Claire, WI

There was probably a dozen leagues out of Cray in years past. If you want to join a league, you can try here:
    http://199.0.57.165/
    This site may not be active this year, as the owner may be fishing this round.
    Minimal rules, excuse to get out.

Jason Sullivan
    Chippewa Falls, WI

Bluefin, thank you very much for the reply. Was that URL by chance behind a Cray firewall?

Do you need to be a Cray employee to be in a Cray fishing league, or do I need to at least link up with a Cray employee?

I’m not looking for hard-core competition. I was in a fishing league like that last year.

I like to meet some of the local fisherman and have an excuse to tell the little lady I have to hit the water.

Sully

Jason Sullivan
    Chippewa Falls, WI

I called Boater’s Choice in Chippewa and the woman I spoke with didn’t know anything about the league. I wonder if it’s not going to happen this year.

Sully

Jason Sullivan
    Chippewa Falls, WI

I just called Bill’s Sport Shop, which is suppose to be the other sponsor and they don’t know anything about it either. I have a feeling the Tuesday night league I heard about has folded.

Jason Sullivan
    Chippewa Falls, WI

The Tuesday night fishing league is a go, I signed up today. You can get details at Bill’s or Boater’s Choice.

See you on the water!

heitda
    Eau Claire, WI

Glad to see you found a league to join. I received no concrete information on the Wissota league; only that a friend of a friend belongs to it and didn’t have any other information.

My schedule doesn’t allow for a weekly fishing league. I’ll just have to make it out on the weekends.

Edit: Was that Tuesday night league for different lakes or Lake Wissota?

Jason Sullivan
    Chippewa Falls, WI

The league I found is just on Lake Wissota on Tuesday nights. You wouldn’t have to show up every week. It costs $20 to be a “member” and you throw in $5 each week you fish.

If you are interested, I can get you more information.

Sully

Bluefin16
    Eau Claire, WI

This is not a Cray site, most of Cray(the company) has been split up, so the leagues are loosely based on (ex-)Cray employees( none of our club does anymore).
    Not sure why the IP address didn’t work, but here is the URL:
    http://gfc.wjwieland.com/

Rules and info are posted here, dates should be soon.

This ‘league’ is every other Wed, $25.00 for the year, fish townships-not individual lakes.
    Ten contest per year, every other Wed with exceptions for dates near holidays.
    Honor systems based on points, fish all day if you wish. Depending on the number of members, payout can be up to $20.00 for 1st,$15.00 2nd, $10 for 3rd. Very non-competative, excuse to fish a varienty of lakes in the area. We will be getting together at Eagles Club in Hallie at 5:00PM in April. I’ll have to confirm the date (maybe Wednesday the 6th).

Jason Sullivan
    Chippewa Falls, WI

Bluefin thanks for the info. I signed up for an account on that website, so I should recieve email notices when ya all meet.

Should be fun!

Sully

Bluefin16
    Eau Claire, WI

Meeting is April 6 around 5:00pm at Eagle’s Club in Hallie.
    Probably be 5 – 8 people at a table drinking beer
    ks

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.