Rays Beach

• fishingdaskoal
    Participant
    EauClaire WI

Anyone fish this big sandy beacj for anything. It goes out a ways, as the shore keeps eroding all the time. A big sand flat.

Jason Sullivan
    Participant
    Chippewa Falls, WI

I don’t know where it is.

Sully

fishingdaskoal
    Participant
    EauClaire WI

Heading east on X, you can park in the wayside accross from Tims Wayside Bar and Lagranders Drive in. walk accross the train tracks through woods and there is a massive beach. Go there during the summer and there will be 50 people there. The shore keeps eroding, so its just a huge sand flat.

Jason Sullivan
    Participant
    Chippewa Falls, WI

Now I know exactly where you are talking about.

Have you found it to be a good spot?

Sully

fishingdaskoal
    Participant
    EauClaire WI

I havent ever fished it. I was wondering if anyone has. It seems good, maybe in the summer throwing lures out a ways. Maybe some pike or bass action in there. Who knows.

fishingdaskoal
    Participant
    EauClaire WI

Just heard in the news paper that it is closed now. Something about you have to cross train tracks to get to it and thats private property (the tracks).

mikemohr
    Participant
    eau claire wi.

you know joe every thing is becoming private now these days some of my favorite lakes i can’t even go to cause all the land around them are private try and find a crick or something to get to it no one owns water

Jason Sullivan
    Participant
    Chippewa Falls, WI

Joe, I like the Chris LeDoux reference in your signature. This was a sad week for us fans.

Sully

fishingdaskoal
    Participant
    EauClaire WI

Yeah thanks.

The word on Rays, is they will put up a fence or something and then maybe put rocks on the beach.

Jason Sullivan
    Participant
    Chippewa Falls, WI

I got the township newletter last night and it sounds like no decision has been made yet. All that land is owned by Xcel. They want to sell because they realize the errosion is bad and something needs to be done. They are willing to sell it to the township and give us money to help with the upgrades. Either way the beach won’t be a beach, it will need rip rap. If the rip rap extends into the water that could be good for fishing.

I’ll let ya know if I hear anything.

fishingdaskoal
    Participant
    EauClaire WI

Where do you live by out there?

Jason Sullivan
    Participant
    Chippewa Falls, WI

On Moon Bay close to the K Bridge.

fishingdaskoal
    Participant
    EauClaire WI

Oh ok. I live off of Pine Harbor District Road, which is off of X.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.