K Bridge / Wissota Cats

• fishingdaskoal
    EauClaire WI

Anyone ever fish for cats near the K bridge where the Yellow flows into Wissota? I have seen some decent cats caught on suckers here.
    Has anyone done much cattin on Wissota?

krisko
    Durand, WI

I’ve never fished for them. I’m always looking for bass and panfish. Heck I havn’t even been up fishing on there for a long time. I should get back out there again this next week I think. Anything really biting on the lake?? I was up there “pleasure boating” last weekend. It wasn’t too green I was really suprized. Let me know some hot spots. If you have anything. I’ll ask around about the cats.

fishingdaskoal
    EauClaire WI

I personaly like the Yellow River. From Cadotte dam on down. Off of Hwy. XX there is a bridge. Thats ok. Up river there is a cemetary in which you can git down to the river. Its all good there. Smallies, Pike, Musky, etc. Its a little dry and shallow now, but there are a few holes.

krisko
    Durand, WI

I didn’t realize, but you don’t have a boat do you??? I’ll have to get you out!! I’ll have to let you know when I’m in the area or when I’m going out on the big river.

fishingdaskoal
    EauClaire WI

Nope, I just got a canoe. I do all shore fishing, which is ok for some of the spots I fish.

leinieman
    Chippewa Valley (Dunnville Bottoms)

Hey Joe I know a couple of good spots that you don’t need to paddle far for your canoe if your looking for fishing spots downriver on the Chip. If you are looking to camp out sometime and want to do a float trip maybe I could meet up with you downstream here somewhere and you wouldn’t need to have a second vehicle. Steve

fishingdaskoal
    EauClaire WI

Thanks for the offer. So you thinkin just campin on the banks? Do that in town, and a some homeless guys might crash with ya. Haha, I wouldnt want that to happen Are these spots accesible by vehicle? I might consider this.Thanks.

leinieman
    Chippewa Valley (Dunnville Bottoms)

Joe you have a pm.

krisko
    Durand, WI

I went out on Wissota today. It was really windy but the lake produced. I took my girlfreind out and we tired for some panfish. We caught a ton of perch. We also hit on some nice gills. She caught 2 real nice Largies down in the creek down bye the creek that comes in on the south. I can’t remember the name of the creek starts with an “s”

I was on the little lake and caught some walleyes too. Nothing really too big. The biggest was 19″. We tried a lot of places it was just too windy in most places.

fishingdaskoal
    EauClaire WI

Stillson Creek bridge? By Jill’s On The Hill bar?

krisko
    Durand, WI

Yep that’s the place. We fished the left side before the bridge. We went by the little island there.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.