Good Day on Wissota

• cougareye
    Hudson, WI

Hitched up the boat and headed to Wissota yesterday, first time since 2009. We struggled early, trying to get the crappies to go.

Switched over to eyes and had our two person limit (6) in about 2 hours, sorting through many shorts to get 5 in 12-13″ range and a bonus 18.5″. Will post pics later.

Good to be back on Wissota!!

ET

steveo
    W Central Sconnie

Nice to try different water. I’m making a conscious effort this year

mar-80
    Chippewa Falls, WI

Quote:

Hitched up the boat and headed to Wissota yesterday, first time since 2009. We struggled early, trying to get the crappies to go.

Switched over to eyes and had our two person limit (6) in about 2 hours, sorting through many shorts to get 5 in 12-13″ range and a bonus 18.5″. Will post pics later.

Good to be back on Wissota!!

ET

Crappies on wissota shouldn’t have been to hard to find this time of year, maybe the cool weather pushed them back out. How was the traffic?

cougareye
    Hudson, WI

I was sure we’d hit some crappies. I can’t say I saw one boat land a crappie. Traffic was moderate, got heavy as we started boating fish. But no one was doing what we were. Of the 7-8 boats around us, only one other was catching fish. Those guys were jig and minnow but were spot on spot.

ET

cougareye
    Hudson, WI

Finally found that pic!!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.