Wissota Bass

• crawdaddy
    St. Paul MN

Was thinking of making it out to Wissota sometime this summer and was wondering if anyone could give me any help on where to find some bass out there. Any info would be great. Also, does anyone know if there are decent largemouts in there???

kkeoth
    Eau Claire

Hey i have been trying to find them so far this season i havefound some spots that look good just not got anything yet if i get some and finds some spots i will let ya know as of now im in about the same spot you are.

Bird
    River Falls, WI

I fish quite a few tourny’s on Wissota and most of the nice smallies come from up the Chipp. The Yellow river area is good also. On the make lake there are a few points with grass that hold nice smallies. As for LG bass, not many caught, but can be found in the yellow river area and little lake wissota.

glenn-walker
    Shakopee, MN

Mo-Fishn,
    Are you fishing the Gander Mountain Pro-Am on Wissota in June?

crawdaddy
    St. Paul MN

thanks for the info, hopefully i’ll be able to put it to use this summer. I mostly fish natural lakes so i shouldn’t have any problems fishing grass points but how do they usually go after those brown fish when they’re up a river? Also, is the chippewa river safe to navigate up from wissota? How far can you go?

Bird
    River Falls, WI

Bass boy….Nope not fishing the Gander in June…..but will be pre-fishing with Scott Webster who is in the Gander tourny…he’s an old friend from college. I do have a tourny there in July.
    Crawdaddy…..You can run all the way up the Chipp about 1/4 mile past the Anson boat landing….When I hit the River, generally will have a tube, carolina rig, white or crawfish color crank, and a chug bug for starters. The only other place to look out for is a big sand flat where the Chipp widens out just past a resort (can’t remember the name)it has a Phillips 66 gas station sign by it.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.