Tourny Lake Wissota

• chico-diablo
    New Richmond, WI

Have a Bass tourny with the Indianhead Bassers on Wissota the 15th and 16th of May. Lake is new to me and will not get a chance to prefish. Does anyone have any info for me, such as colors to use and type of Lures. Any help would be appreciated. (If someone what’s to say where to fish, it would also be appreciated.

fishingdaskoal
    EauClaire WI

I never bassed it much, but on the little lake, try the creek inlets. The southern one, Stillson Creek I beilive ( by ‘Jills On The Hill’ bar ), there are usually some lilly pads around the little islands.

Good luck.

bigpike

I have had mid summer success by the Hwy S bridge for smallys, also the huge flat just south of this area on the lake side. My methods have been live bait, probably won’t do you much good in a tourny. Medium size suckers or leaches on slip bobbers.

bigpike

Also the Yellow river rapids area, you’ll have plenty of company here! Noisy spinner baits

fishingdaskoal
    EauClaire WI

Yeah the Yellow River rapids are good. Goin there tonight.

BigPike, where do you fish the rapids?

bigpike

A couple years back a hammered a couple real slobs in mid-May fishing right up in the rapids, the water was flowing good! I seem to do better on the right side but you can find them up in there anywhere depending on the flow…

chico-diablo
    New Richmond, WI

Thanks for the info, I am out in California right now and will not be back until Friday morning. Will try to use your advice and post how I did.

fishingdaskoal
    EauClaire WI

Well my dad got a 14” smally. Nothin big.

Bigpike, are you refering to below the St. Rose cemetary rapids?

bigpike

Not sure were that is, just take the yellow river until you cant go anymore. just above the bridge maybe a 1/5 of a mile. Casted it today with no luck.

chico-diablo
    New Richmond, WI

Well finished the 2 day tourny. Did not weigh, but caught a lot of short fish. out of 27 people only 2 caught there limit, all smallies, 15.8 lbs. Sat water temps where between 56 and 62. Sunday water was drawn down by about a foot, which really messed up the fish. Temps where around 64. Only had 9 members weighing in. 1 did have a limit. Still had a good time. Caught 3 muskies though . Sure can tear up a lure.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.