Oct. Walleye Action

• aaron
    Participant
    Chippewa Falls, WI

With all the nice weather I thought it would be good to take advanage of it before it is gone. My son and I watched the sun rise as we trolled raps shallow in search of walleye. Our focus was on the mouth of the Yellow River 4-8fow. Not much was happening shallow other then a few small Wissota specials. As we worked our way into the Yellow we found fish in good numbers suspending over deeper water, 20ft or so. We managed a few slot fish before giving into a 3yr olds cry for home. I guess waking the boy at 5am was a little to early.
    I would rather be fishing the full moon on Mille Lacs right now, but the good numbers of wissota can keep the young ones interested for a few hours anyway.
    Good luck with the fall fishng!

trouter18
    Participant

Nice job Aaron, I took my 5 year old nephew out on Sunday. We managed 7, but 5 five of them were about 6 inches, 1 was 12 inches, all o minnows. Trolled a shad rap and pulled up an 18 incher before left. Was nice to get out. On a side note, I may have lost a pedometer at the rod and gun landing in case anyone finds it. Thanks!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.