Blades on Wissota

• STEVES
    Participant
    New Richmond, Wi

I quess I’m just thinking out loud, but has anyone had any luck with crawlers and blades? I usually fish up the river near the mallard but I’ve never tried blades. I’ve caught walleyes on almost every other approach on the lake and river. Just jigging for fishing chat with less than a week to go.
    I’ll be in the beat up crestliner with a 150 vmax(looking like I have no idea what I’m doing ). See ya out there.

Steve

putt2winn
    Participant
    Eau Claire, WI

Personally I have not had much luck with Blades on Wissota. If your thinking Wissota for the opener just remember that it’s hosting the Governor’s Open next weekend and it will be a zoo.

Chippman
    Participant
    Chippewa County, Wi

I agree it just seems the simpler the better, Ive had the most luck with small jigs plain with bait. I kill the eyes on ring worms on other waters (leech, Mississippi etc but I have only caught two on Wissota.
    Talking to the FLW eye guys after tourney the top teams used lindy rigs and slow death crawler rigs to catch 50plus fish a day.
    I have also had good luck trolling small minnow baits on shallow flats early in the year. Chippman

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.