Ceded Territory Walleye Bag Limits

• Jason Sullivan
    Chippewa Falls, WI

It looks like we are going to start the season at three this year.

Details on all the lakes HERE

tgruenke
    IGH, MN/Holcombe, WI

I go to Holcombe a lot. Do they ever change the number once the season starts. I feel like last year they changed it. I would guess that Wissota and Holcombe are very similar. How do you fish Wissota? I can find walleye’s in Holcombe but they are typically 12-13 inches. Thanks for any help.

raapala
    Eau Claire, WI

Awesome, 36 inches of wissota walleye on opener instead of 24.

Must have moved it to 3 right away for that governors shing-ding!!

steveo
    W Central Sconnie

great
    2 fish for the Turtle Flambeau.

VSRangerMan
    Chippewa Falls,WI

Quote:

I go to Holcombe a lot. Do they ever change the number once the season starts. I feel like last year they changed it. I would guess that Wissota and Holcombe are very similar. How do you fish Wissota? I can find walleye’s in Holcombe but they are typically 12-13 inches. Thanks for any help.

They usually drop bag limits until spearing quotas are released.The last few years it has dropped from 3 fish to 2 on Wissota until quotas were released & tabulated with lake survey numbers which brought bag limits back to 3 fish. How a person might fish this body of water as compared to Holcombe is really no different. You can catch fish using every technique in the book. Water temps, time of year & time of day can play a big part on where you will find active fish of better size. I dont spend much time on Holcombe but I would look at your river & creek sections early season to find possibly better sized fish making migrations back toward main lake structures taking note on possible early shallow weed growth areas which will hold fish as they tend to harbor what all gamefish species are looking for,food. Neither of these lakes have substantial amounts of suspended forage bases or water clarity that allows weed growth much over 8′ so. I would say get out cover water as quick as possible with whatever techniques or tactics you are comfortable with until you find the key areas that will generally consistantly hold better sized fish. Then you can possibly drop anchor & be the leisurely slip bobber kind of guy. Windblown, weedy & necked down or funnel areas can also all be good places to fish. Hope this might help some as you can catch the unders 14″- anywhere on these bodies of water but you will find better sized fish holding in less than 10% of key areas about 90% of the time.

tgruenke
    IGH, MN/Holcombe, WI

Thanks for the help

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.