Spring Break Walleye Report

• Eric Pomplun
    janesville, wisconsin

well on the first day of spring break my good friend dan and i decided to hit up the dells for some walleyes. we got up early and left at 6 am and were on the water by 8.

we started out way down river below the rapids but couldnt get anything going. dan had a couple bites but couldnt connect. so we went up river to try and find a few fish. well that didnt work so we spent the first 4 hours of the day fishless.

After i got a call from dad to see how things were going,he suggested that we drift lindy rigs. so i tryed that and bang started catching little saugers one after another. it was great to finally feel a nice tap at the end of the line. we fished this spot for a while and then went up to check out the dam area.

well we didnt catch anything right away. so we went and anchored over by the power house right above a nice ledge that came out of 10 fow and had slower water than other areas. i tryed a twister and precison jig and instantly got a shorty then a 16 incher came to the net.then i switched over to a chart/green core moxi and a couple casts later i poped a nice 20 incher. then about a hour later i poped another 16 incher both fish came on the moxi’s. we fished a while more and didnt end up with anything else. so we called it a day and went home. it was a fun trip all around, hopefully the weather will cooperate and i can get out a couple more times this week.

John Schultz
    Inactive
    Portage, WI

Way to stick it out and change it up a bit.

Dave Ansell
    Rushford, MN

Nice job putting a few fish in the boat on a day with a tough bite

Good to hear you are willing to take advice from Dad too

mbenson
    Minocqua, Wisconsin

Great job moving around and trying the different techniques to get some fish going. Sounds like they were right where they were supposed to be in two cases…

Mark

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.