Wiring Minn Kota heading sensor 2020 Lund Rebel XL Sport

• Jared
    Participant

Curious where you guys mounted/wired the sensor at. I’m a little confused as to how to wire it as minn kota says to wire it to a battery but watching a YouTube video of a minn kota rep installing it says that it’s recommended to wire it to a switch. I pulled my switch/fuse panel off and didn’t see any open terminals. Looked under the console and didn’t see any open terminals.

Which brings me to my next question. If I have to wire it directly to the battery, which battery do I wire it to? I have 3, two up on the bow and one in the back by the transom.

Denny O
    Participant
    Central IOWA

Do not wire it directly, if you do it will be always drawing power.
    I really do not care what brand but something like this can do you well and easy peasy right behind your main power switch. Use a test light as there will be a always hot, a switched hot and a neutral leads on the back of the accessory switch.

Jared
    Participant

Do not wire it directly, if you do it will be always drawing power.
    I really do not care what brand but something like this can do you well and easy peasy right behind your main power switch. Use a test light as there will be a always hot, a switched hot and a neutral leads on the back of the accessory switch.

Pardon my ignorance but what did your last sentence mean? I think I may take a picture of the back of my switch/fuse panel and see if you can point out where I can piggy back to

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.