Winter slot

• Bob Ford
    West Side Mille Lacs Lake

So we only hit a small fraction of allowed pounds. Small. Carrys over to us getting… horrible, wheres the science?

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

They don’t use “leftover” quota from open water for the following winter season, or vice versa. Just be glad you can actually keep any fish and there’s no night ban. Or worse, a complete closure.

Ripjiggen

It is pretty ridiculous. Very little science involved at all on Mille Lacs.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

They don’t use “leftover” quota from open water for the following winter season, or vice versa. Just be glad you can actually keep any fish and there’s no night ban. Or worse, a complete closure.

ha….that lake has been a poitical nightmare for years with no rhyme or reason for the rules being implemented.

i’d rather fish in the pool up at the local high school then set foot on that lake!!!!!!

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>gimruis wrote:</div>

ha….that lake has been a poitical nightmare for years with no rhyme or reason for the rules being implemented.

i’d rather fish in the pool up at the local high school then set foot on that lake!!!!!!

I do agree that the rules are sometimes a head scratcher.

Hard to argue against the trophy caliber smallmouth and muskies coming from that lake though. It’s produced two state record pure strain muskies in less than a year.

Bob Ford
    West Side Mille Lacs Lake

I know the pounds arent rolled over to winter season. They widened the slot this fall because of the lowest harvest. With almost zero boats out on the lake this fall compared to past years, dont see why that same slot wouldn’t have rolled in to winter. Gimruis, i wont be “just glad” at any of the regulations we ever face vs the band. My property taxes on the lake keep going up, yet like you said, night bans, closures, a ridiculous slot make home values decrease.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.