winnebago system report

• Eric Pomplun
    Participant
    janesville, wisconsin

well my good friend Dan and i just finished up our first trip up to the big lake ever. wow what a huge lake. we started our trip on Saturday the 31st. we fished Saturday with my dad and just started fishing reefs with a jig and crawler. on my second cast i got a 20 1/2 walleye. we procceed only to catch 1 more walleye, some nice perch and ton of sheepshead.

Sunday- we decided to fish poygan and winneconne. we started by pitching jigs and crawlers to cane beds all over both lakes. well that wasn’t meant to be as it was pretty slow until we found a cane bed with a bunch of hungry whities. so we caught as many as we wanted in about 15 minutes. it didn’t matter what you had on they would eat it and some nice ones up to 14 inches. then we moved on trying to find some walleyes well we got 2 smaller eyes but good enough to fry up. we also got a couple catfish of the beds to. then we trolled around poygan for a while. catching more sheepshead, catfish and white bass all on flicker shads.

Monday- was the worst day windy windy windy. we trolled around butte des morts catching sheepshead on flicker shads and a couple more white bass.

Tuesday- was the best day out of all of them. we went back to Winnebago where we caught the walleyes before and my buddy popped a 20 incher and a 13 incher. also a ton of sheeps all over. then we went out to the mud to try for perch. we got some nice ones but it was slow. so after we dropped my dad off so he could get ready for work we went back out to try and catch some perch. well it was the best decision yet. we got on them for the next hour catching perch as soon as you dropped it down and they were nice perch to up to 11 inches. we ended up with 30 and 2 walleyes for the day. got them on dead sticks over the side with helgrimites and crawler pieces.

wedsnesday- we just fished a couple hours just to catch some more whitebass. we got some on flicker shads casting to cane beds again but not like before so after 45 hours on the water we decided it was time to go back get ready to leave. it was fun trip definately going back next year. learned a lot but still have a ton more to figure out. left the camera with my dad so i will post pics when he gets home on saturday.

milk
    Participant
    janesville, wisconsin

were r them pics i want to see my face and all the big fish i caught

Eric Pomplun
    Participant
    janesville, wisconsin

pics

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.