“Bago” report 1-6 / 1-7

• dinkgofish
    Neenah, WI

I got out of work on fri at noon and was on Bago at 1:00 pm. I finally got onto some ice here around home. I have been taking trips north to find better ice conditions. You are pretty much confined to the ice in and around the bays (west side) here on Bago 4″-6″ of ice. My goal was to find some perch/gills crusing the flats in one of the bays. I started in 4ft of water and worked my out a to a point in 7ft and I had found a good pod of fish in the area of the point. Switching between a frosty spoon and a glow fiska “gobbed” with maggots I was putting 8-10 maggots on, any thing less was not working as good. I was able to pull a mix bag thru the ice white bass, crappie and alot of perch. Ended up keeping 5 perch 8.5-9″ not bad for a few hours.
    Saturday morning found me over the same hole and it was lights out from the get go. The perch were on fire! I was using the same baits, but the spoon was getting the bigger fish. I did try minnow heads also I could not get them to eat that at all. I don’t know if it was me or the fish, but they would inhale that hook full of maggots. I had to get the fish to come up off the bottom for the bait to eat. After 3 hrs of cathching perch of all sizes, I had kept enough for a meal and to drop off a bag of fish for granny. Biggest was just shy of 10″, sorry no pics of catch.
    Cooler temps are on there way!!

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Way to go on hammering those perch! I’ve been still waiting on the “hard freeze” for getting up on the reefs. Thanks for the update

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.